What Coils Are Compatible With Spectrum Xlt

I found an old series on the Whites YouTube page regarding the XLT.  A lot of it I already knew but they did a decent job explaining some of the other settings I wasn't as familiar with. It's hard to believe that machine came out in the 1990s and will still absolutely hold its own against the modern machines of today.  Very fun machine to tinker with and SUPER smooth all metal mode.  

• 1 month later...

EL NINO77, 

In regards to the XLT modification that you mentioned, in order to be able to use DFX, MXT, M6 search coils, will this modification also work on the XL Pro? You mentioned a 0.1 microF capacitor, I found a ceramic one rated at 16V? Could you please provide a little more details in regards to the modification. I've already completed the tone modification, and you caught my interest in this one. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

Amazing this came up I was just getting my white Spectrum XLT ready to sell. never put much time on it and since I have a Equinox Minelab 800 I figure I no longer need it. But I bought mine new from Kelly co. years ago and had it equipped with a Hot Head Coil. After reading some of the comments here, starting to think maybe I should keep the old girl.

I encourage you to keep & use it some. It is still very capable even by today's standards. It is also a great teacher to learn how a detector operates & how all the settings adjustments effect performance. Modern auto pilot detectors may perform, but they don't connect you to the ground so to speak and can be kind of boring.

Yeah, even by today's standards, the XL Pro analogs are still great detectors. They give you more info through the audio response than the sounds produced by digital detectors, and they perform very well in iron infested areas. Any of the original White's 6.59 kHz coils will work, as well as the NEL Snake, and Sharpshooter coils produced for White's detectors. The meters are great as they were designed for American coins, if you live in the USA, and are spot on when you find a coin. I still like the Knobs. Just set them where you want and go. Nothing like the time it takes to set up a program in a DFX. 

The XLT is just as good. I know people that use them and they do just as well as people using the latest and greatest, just not so well on a saltwater beach, but inland they're fantastic. If you really know how to use it, no reason to part with it. I have the Deus I and II, and I can still go over to a neighbors yard and pop out silver and copper coins all day long with the White's. Great detectors especially if you know your machine. 

I may still sell it going to be 73 soon have too many detectors my main machines are a Minelab 800 Equinox and a Fisher 75, have some other Whites like Goldmasters, White Blue and Gray, D-tex and one old bird tube type Detecto , Garrett hustler etc. Kids don't like em SOOOOOOO! Anyway thanks for your info and for thoughts on the XLT.