Introducing The Minelab Profind 40

ProFind 40 advance to the rear. I don’t have the Carrot 🥕 but I do have a TRX . I have had the ProFind 35 and sold it soon after I bought it.

I’d say the tester was in a state of shock because he couldn’t admit the Carrot was lots better than the 40 .

Chuck 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, UT Dave said:

Interesting.  I can't hear my Carrot in day to day use.  And I can't hear it on this video either.  I assume it wasn't in vibrate only.  People tell me mine isn't either.  I can't hear it at all though.  But the vibrate works fine.

- Dave

The Carrot has one of the loudest speakers available, This video I did should show its nice loud speaker compared to others

If your Pro Pointer AT is quiet there is something wrong with it.

It's not the pin pointer that has a problem.  It's my hearing that is the problem.  I'm completely deaf to many higher pitched sounds.  When going through the ringer options on my phone to choose one, I can't hear some of them at all.  Too much gunfire...

- Dave

22 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

This is a depth/sensitivity comparison video between the Profind 40 and the Garrett Pro Pointer AT (aka Carrot). It's done by Tony (5280 Adventures and Relics Radio Podcast) who is a personal friend of mine (not online friend, I mean in person, hunting buddy friend). I think you can accept whatever he says and shows in this video as pretty accurate. He does not have any affiliation with these companies anymore and is very independent and truthful. Anyone can make mistakes but I would trust this video.

Nice, thanks for that, Jeff! Now I'd like to see some used in the dirt. It seems nobody has made any field tests or videos yet which seems weird. There's a "slightly used' one already listed on Ebay by Serious Detecting. I was hoping to replace my dead PF35, but that doesn't bode well. 🤔

6 hours ago, UT Dave said:

It's not the pin pointer that has a problem.  It's my hearing that is the problem.  I'm completely deaf to many higher pitched sounds.  When going through the ringer options on my phone to choose one, I can't hear some of them at all.  Too much gunfire...

- Dave

Dave,  IF you try the vibrate only mode for a hunt or two,  I believe you will agree that the carrot is an excellent no sound pinpointer.  I have used it this way for years, and I believe Steve H. uses it the same way.  No issues if you can feel vibration in your hand.

6 hours ago, UT Dave said:

- Dave

That's where a feature like the Sphinx 03 has would be ideal, you can set your tone, or do pulse audio.  Although the pinpointer isn't available in most of the world hopefully the other manufacturers of pinpointers take note of some of its features and incorporate them into their new pinpointers.  You do these settings using its paired phone application.

sphinxaudiosettings.thumb.jpg.b232a71da43b3fd3d15ee9b3090ab3b7.jpg