Introducing The Minelab Profind 40

I just watched the video. Was the distance 1" on that quarter with the new pinpointer? 🙄 Does anyone off hand know what the Garrett carrot does on a silver quarter? I bet it's more than 1"

36 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I just watched the video. Was the distance 1" on that quarter with the new pinpointer? 🙄 Does anyone off hand know what the Garrett carrot does on a silver quarter? I bet it's more than 1"

Her mistake was she measured everything on edge, which is going to be far less depth than face up as most people conduct such tests. 

• Like 3

The Pro-Find 35 and I would guess 40 actually have pretty good depth, but the two 35's I've tried at least don't like running in higher sensitivity levels without falsing and generally being unstable and annoying to use.  Wind that sensitivity back and the depth suffers though so they air test well but not so much in the field.  They claim the stability issues are resolved on the 40 which would make it quite a good pinpointer and what the 35 should have been.  I'm pretty shocked they're not discontinuing the 35 and replacing it with the 40 though.  It's probably the least excited I've been about a Minelab release since I started detecting though.  The on edge video she did actually did both pinpointers a disservice, it will put people off them quite severely.  To those that don't understand about being on edge it will look like they're terrible pinpointers even compared to their generic no brand special.

The PRO-FIND 40 has:

·         10% more depth than the PRO-FIND 35

·         A Rapid Re-tune function, making it quick and easy to compensate for ground conditions

·         Improved stability for more accurate pinpointing

·         Adjustable Sensitivity with 5 levels of adjustment

·         A lost alarm that sounds after a period of inactivity and combined with a bright red body makes the PRO-FIND 40 easy to locate

·         A ferrous tone ID that helps to sort trash from treasure

What is happening with the existing PRO-FIND pinpointers?

·         PRO-FIND 15 and 35 will remain unchanged

·         PRO-FIND 20 will no longer be available beyond current stock

When will the PRO-FIND 40 be available?

We have PRO FIND 40s in our warehouses ready to ship.

• Like 3

Why didn't they add wireless audio integration 🤦‍♂️

XP has it for ages and I bet if they had, they'd sell a lot of them to X-Terra Pro, Equinox 700/900 and Manticore users..

• Like 4

It even still uses 9V batteries .. yesteryear tech..

I would have been excited about a Profind 40 if it had come with the price of my Manticore.

Can I trade my unused headphones for one ? 

• Like 1

Have read so many bad reports about the 35 version,i certainly wont be buying one for sure....still using my original black Garrett probe its never let me down and also have a new Mi-6 pinpointer which i have never used but did buy it brand new for well under half price just incase my Garrett packs up...but even then i would probably go out and buy another Garrett.

As I've had two 35's and been disappointed with both I rightly have my concerns about the 40. 

I'm also a bit of a pinpointer addict and like to try them all seeing they're pretty cheap in pursuit of my perfect pinpointer, I'm almost there with the Carrot AT and MI-4 but just not quite.  Will the 40 be it? I'll wait for others to help decide for me rather than rush out and get one as I fear I'll be disappointed again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

I grew up before pinpointers were invented. The Garrett works fine by me. We must be getting soft.

Ditto... , I appreciate my Carrott because I hunted for so long with no pinpointer, so I know how much time it saves me to find even more things, both trash and treasure.   I wish it was an inch deeper for probing recoveries, but it's very reliable and functional.   I use it on vibrate only and on maximum sensitivity and retune as needed to locate targets in the hole.   

• Like 4