The 900’s target ID stability is a fatal flaw for my needs, I’d take an 800 any day, if they keep the 800 alive I hope they put it in a 900 body, if they do I’ll upgrade my 800.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The 900’s target ID stability is a fatal flaw for my needs, I’d take an 800 any day, if they keep the 800 alive I hope they put it in a 900 body, if they do I’ll upgrade my 800.

I am going to try to stay out of the Equinox 600/800 versus 700/900 debate as much as possible since I have owned both and my experience has been documented on this forum.

SLD appears to be fairly new to this hobby.

As a newer detector user, the Legend, Equinox 600/800, Equinox 700/900, XP Deus 2 would be a handful for most who have not used such advanced detectors.

In a dig it all situation like saltwater beach hunting and basic gold prospecting, the Legend, Nox 800, Nox 900 and Deus ll would be just fine as long as the Nox 800 didn’t have water ingress or coil ear problems at the beach.

Sounds like SLD might do some beach hunting a some point while nugget hunting is a no at this point.

However, for anyone needing accurate target IDs for whatever reason for their style of hunting, I absolutely would not recommend the Nox 700 or the Nox 900 unless their soil conditions are basically inert. The Legend, Nox 600, Nox 800 and Deus 2 have far superior target ID accuracy from my experience than the Nox 900 where I have detected with them which included mild to highly mineralized dirt and saltwater beach conditions.

• Like 4

The Nox 800 in defaults is basically the Vanquish which is designed more for beginners, only they've added an option to ground balance which in some situations makes it even easier to use than the Vanquish, most need not trouble themselves with advanced settings, I rarely venture outside of defaults myself and I do just fine, I think.

The Target ID stability of the 800 makes it a great beginner's detector, set it in your desired mode for location where is easily set out and understandable how to use and off you go, if you pass over a coin and know it's air test ID you'll likely dig it, even my daughter at 9 years of age was using the Nox on her first time detecting and found it easy to use and found a heap of $1 and $2 coins.  I tried to put her on the Go-Find and then the T2 that day, both were rejected so I had to hand over my Nox as she wanted the good ID's and I used the T2 my wife refused to detect using the Go-Find and didn't want to use the T2 with its dodgy ID's so she just didn't detect even though we were in a place loaded with dollar coins.  When she saw a 21 or 22 repeating over and over again on the screen, she knew she had herself some money and that's great fun for a kid.

It ended up encouraging my wife and daughter to come back with me over the next few days seeing we were staying in the area and we cleaned up real good, all the gold coins are $1 and $2 coins.

total20181014_100246_DxO.thumb.jpg.633e0ec445f193cfe1c1e0a0fba0522e.jpg

It's nice to be able to grow into a detector rather than have to replace it upgrading when you feel the time is there to dabble with settings.

• Like 8

Welcome aboard SLD  .

You've picked a fine ship in this ocean of dribble called the  internet.

I'm voting with any of the above suggestions. by Steve and the crew.

You'll be ready to go right out of the gate with a factory preset.

Soooo , do you have a budget ?  That could narrow it down if you do.

?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mcjtom said:

image.thumb.png.01c0a1a967560082b8cceabce664d828.pngHow did they find the $10 bill? :⁠-⁠)

With the bifocal user option. ?

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, cudamark said:

With the bifocal user option. ?

stuck up against a fence, windblown ?  pure luck!  but if they weren't detecting it wouldn't have been found.

• Like 4