Steve you sure have a way with words. I would have a hard time getting rid of that clean sweep coil as well. The only reason i'm still keeping my TDI Pro is because of the clean sweep coil (18x5.5  dual field) I bought from a forum member here...love using it on the beach when I get in a dig it all mood. My main squeeze at the moment are the Manticore, 6000, Nox 800 with 10x5 coil Excalibur (prolonged deep water hunting) Deus 2 (trashy relic sites) Although I find myself using mostly the Nox with the 6" or 10x5 in high trash over the deus at times...I do love the ergonomics of the Deus which is why I'll be keeping it but I just love the way the 800 and M-Core talk to me...The 7000 has been sitting but I may take it out of retirement the next trip...thanks for the fun read. oh yea almost forgot still have the CTX cant seem to part ways with that technology...

strick 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

thanks Steve,  I appreciate your way of thinking on this.

You have an attitude  of contentment, I think.   

I need to weed out the detectors that just sit in a closet for sure.   The thing that has stopped me is thinking that I'll change my mind after selling.  In my heart, I know that's not the case or I would be using them.  Having more stuff surely doesn't make me any happier or more content with life.   75 y.o., and I  want to enjoy what I have, and have fun finding whatever the EQ800 will allow me to find.   No more chasing a detector that MIGHT find one extra piece of gold or silver that I'd miss otherwise.

Q:  Who is the maker of your telescopic  800 shaft?

• Like 2

Steve, as you know I was given my grandfathers 800 when he passed away and I have a really hard time to begin to buy another detector because of it's performance. It is much better than his old Tracker IV and I am learning how to get the best use out of it from this forum. I believe that there is nothing I can't find with it if I am detecting.

I have seen many reports on the 3 detectors that you have now and when I want to get another detector I will be looking at your number one pick.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your hard time with this great forum as many of us here are newbies like me who want to learn from the best people.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 3

Steve, I admire your willingness and courage.  Yes, courage because that’s what it takes to fight that fear of losing something that gives you joy and entertainment.  It’s good to purge. It simplifies your life.  Good luck with those three, I think you have all your bases covered.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:54 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

As explained elsewhere my metal detecting is winding down from my glory days. I will never quit detecting, but it is a more casual close to home thing going forward. With that in mind I just don't need the dozen detectors I usually have had banging around the house for most of the last couple decades.

I agree Steve. I've been purging the last couple of years, not only detectors but everything. My girls keep telling me, dad don't get rid of anything until we give you the approval.. to late for that. 🙄

On 8/18/2023 at 9:23 AM, NCtoad said:

It’s good to purge. It simplifies your life.

Amen to these words..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1