D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

Significant upgrade on small gold per Jeff’s report.  Thanks.

Having said that, right now I don’t plan on upgrading to 2.0 for the same reasons Chase outlined.    I’m not going to get the 2 box system, I don’t prospect for small gold in the goldfield program and I really don’t want to re-do all my custom programs.   Version 1.1 works very well on the beaches I hunt.

I too would like to see XP develop a process wherein an upgrade could be installed without losing the custom settings.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tests Jeff. Good to hear small gold sensitivity has been improved and no other apparent problems have surfaced so far. Still going to hold off for now on the update. In the mean time I'll have to record all my custom program if I do decide to update.

I’d like to know if there is  sensitivity improvement also talking about the relic program...I don't know but  I think I’ll wait...

Dang, Jeff, you're on it! Thank you for your in-depth look at the Gold mode in V-2.0! Did you have to update the puck or headphones too?

I'm curious if the other programs still perform normally as in V1.1 or if there have been changes to other features too.

I may have to bite the bullet and give it a try. 🤔

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Dang, Jeff, you're on it! Thank you for your in-depth look at the Gold mode in V-2.0! Did you have to update the puck or headphones too?

I'm curious if the other programs still perform normally as in V1.1 or if there have been changes to other features too.

I may have to bite the bullet and give it a try. 🤔

CPT,

The XP update instructions explicitly state that the headphones (both WSA II's and the WS6) should be updated if you update the remote.  WS6 definitely needs to be upgraded if you want to take advantage of the new Goldfield processing in WS6 Master configuration.  There is anecdotal evidence that the phones will continue to work fine as wireless audio only "slaves" without updating, but why chance it.  Gary Black himself posted here that folks should still update their phones after the last "minor" update to ver 1.1 even though users reported their phones working without the update. Since there is remote handshaking associated with the auto power power on/off feature and previous bugs that resulted in the phones not fully powering down and draining the battery, I wouldn't chance it.

I'm speculating that Relic mode which has target processing similar to Goldfield may have also been affected by the update, but as per usual with detector manufacturers, the update summary is not explicit in this regard other than mentioning the Xtrem Hunter coil compatibility and Equalizer now working with the bone phones.

Thanks Jeff for posting your test results on V2!  More improvement than I anticipated.  I may update after all just to see how Relic was affected.

11 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

That is Steve H. with the Axiom on the back cover of a recent magazine mentioned in another post elsewhere on this forum. If it wasn't for Steve and this forum, I wouldn't know squat and would still be using an AT Gold and maybe a GP 3000.

DSCN0548.jpeg

Oh yeah, Steve H.  I know that novice.  :laugh:

Update question. I have theDues 2 Master with .71 software. I’m wanting to update to the 2.0. Do I need to update the previous software 1.0 and 1.1 to get their benefits or will just updating the 2.0 give my all the benefits from previous software. The techie challenged Txquest. 

I will check on FMF Relic mode version 2.0 when I get a chance even though I don't have any pre-2.0 reference testing written down anywhere on that FMF mode. So any thing I say will just be from memory.

I definitely updated my WS6 module to version 2.0. 

I only had 4 custom programs and one of them was a slightly altered version 1.10 FMF Goldfield program that I will never use again so at least for me, I didn't have a big hassle inputting three custom programs after the update.

Anyone thinking that updating to version 2.0 might mess up their Deus 2.......I just got back from a 2 hour hunt using the 13X11" coil in a really aluminum trashed area running a custom USA coin program based on the Sensitive program. I have hunted this spot with other detectors like Deus 1 and the Equinox 800 in the past. I pulled 61 modern USA coins out of that small area totaling $7.16 along with some aluminum trash. Many of these coin sized targets were 8" deep or more in high iron mineralization and they had spot on target IDs. So for me anyway, version 2.0 is working just fine. So is the 13X11" coil.

I can totally understand why people with Deus 2s that won't be gold prospecting, diving with bone conductor earbuds or using the Xtrem Hunter don't think it is necessary to update to version 2.0.

27 minutes ago, Txquest said:

Update question. I have theDues 2 Master with .71 software. I’m wanting to update to the 2.0. Do I need to update the previous software 1.0 and 1.1 to get their benefits or will just updating the 2.0 give my all the benefits from previous software. The techie challenged Txquest. 

I can't totally answer that question since I was already running version 1.10 on my Deus 2 components. I did completely uninstall the previous Deus 2 updaters that I had on my PC and iMac. I did the online updater which took me directly to version 2.0 which automatically erases the previous software version and automatically reprogrammed my remote and WS6.

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/ba/the-blog/deus-ii-v2-0-update.php#:~:text=Select the "DEUS II" tab,down menu on the left.

Firmware isn’t a partial update, it erases the old software and installs the new, you can go to 2.0 from any version without doing prior updates.