D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

Very interesting test thanks Jeff . I am not a nugget hunter but I am interested by performances on very small coins that can be found over here in France.

And your test shows a significant improvement ( from 30 to 40% ) for targets weighing around 0.5g ( like your gold burundi coin ) between D2 1.1 and V2 ... 

I often noticed that my D2 was less sensible than my Deus1 on very small targets btw , good news this might have changed with the V2 .. 🙂

I will try to set a 1g coin bed test when I have some time available to measure the depth change with the target buried in the ground using V2 and a coin mode like SENSITIVE 

Capture_V2.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

Very interesting test thanks Jeff . I am not a nugget hunter but I am interested by performances on very small coins that can be found over here in France.

And your test shows a significant improvement ( from 30 to 40% ) for targets weighing around 0.5g ( like your gold burundi coin ) between D2 1.1 and V2 ... 

I often noticed that my D2 was less sensible than my Deus1 on very small targets btw , good news this might have changed with the V2 .. 🙂

I will try to set a 1g coin bed test when I have some time available to measure the depth change with the target buried in the ground using V2 and a coin mode like SENSITIVE 

Hi Alain,

I can only speak for what has been done to improve the overall sensitivity to small low conductor targets using FMF Goldfield. That was my main complaint that I have been corresponding about with XP.

All along, I have believed that XP deliberately setup the FMF modes to be less sensitive to small non-ferrous trash that has a target ID of 25 to 40 or so. It is a good thing for some types of hunting environments. It is not good for gold nugget prospecting or micro jewelry hunting. It may also not be very good for larger, heavily masked or poorly oriented non ferrous targets either depending on their depth.

If XP also improved the sensitivity to small low conductors or small targets in the .5 gram or less range for any other Deus 2 programs via the version 2.0 software update, I have no clue.

However, since you asked the question, I did a very quick air test on three 0.5 gram and smaller low conductors using all 14 of the V2.0 stock modes with the 9" coil. The only adjustment I made was to turn OFF the low conductor notch in #5 Park mode. I was not paying any attention to target IDs in this test. I was just interested in the distance that I could hear audible (by my ears) two way repeatable responses. Here are the results........

DSCN0549.jpeg

Again, this was an air test in low EMI. Expect the results to be slightly less in low iron mineralization and significantly less in higher mineralization.

From memory, the only change from V1.10 to V2.0 that I can see is with FMF Goldfield. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

I didn't realize that the max frequency can be changed on the FMF modes Park, Deep HC and Relic to 40 kHz. It didn't help much in a different air test I did, but it is neat.

For the gold nugget hunters (and micro jewelry land hunters) reading this, if you are using version 1.10 software, #14 Fast 40 is the quick and easy mode to use if your ground can handle single frequency operation and the stock reactivity and audio response settings. Just lower the discrimination setting well below 0 if you can and maybe change the tone setting to Pitch. Steve H. and others like me have been saying this for some time. 

Also, modes like FMF Goldfield and Relic can be operated as 2-tone ferrous/non-ferrous VCO by turning on Disc IAR.

51 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

From memory, the only change from V1.10 to V2.0 that I can see is with FMF Goldfield. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

Thanks Jeff I will try to do some tests to see if any change between V1.1 and V2.0 on very small coins from 0.5 to 1g using the SENSITIVE mode,  as it is the only mode that I use at the moment ..

Sensitive and Sensitive FT are also the modes I use most often to build custom programs for coin and jewelry hunting. They did well in the air test above and are good for general hunting in the higher mineralization around here for a wide range of targets.

22 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Thanks Jeff for posting your test results on V2!  More improvement than I anticipated.  I may update after all just to see how Relic was affected.

Oh yeah, Steve H.  I know that novice.  :laugh:

The #9 Relic stock program running at 24 kHz does not appear to have been changed from V1.10 to V2.0. The air test results in the above test are very similar to version 1.10 FMF Goldfield on the smaller sub gram targets, especially the very fast drop off of the audible responses on the #6 lead shot and the 0.25 gram flat lead targets. The audio response goes from clearly audible to nothing almost immediately which is what FMF Goldfield used to do using V1.10 and earlier software. The decrease in audio response on repeatable 2 way hits using V2.0 FMF Goldfield is now very linear and gradual which is what I expect from a good small gold nugget prospecting detector.

Well, I went ahead and updated to V2.0. I will say that was the quickest and easiest update so far. I knocked out the Remote, WS6, WSA-II, and WSA-II-XL headphones in a matter of minutes and I got my saved programs loaded back up in no time. Now I'll have to make a couple of runs to test it out and see how it goes. 😏

26 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well, I went ahead and updated to V2.0. I will say that was the quickest and easiest update so far. I knocked out the Remote, WS6, WSA-II, and WSA-II-XL headphones in a matter of minutes and I got my saved programs loaded back up in no time. Now I'll have to make a couple of runs to test it out and see how it goes. 😏

Same here! 👍

Updated mine this morning, both the WS6 Master and the D2 remote, as well as 2 pairs of WSA II headphones. 😀 I don't see any reason to wait, and they may have fixed other stuff they didn't mention.

It was a tiny bit fiddly due to my tiny laptop downloading Windows 11 updates (😵), but after a couple restarts with a couple of devices, it's all done. 🥳 reprogrammed my programs.

Don't forget to turn audio volumes up for what you use and down for devices you're not using, and save your pinpointer settings again! It will connect but at default values.

One thing I noticed already, and it is not in the change notes, is that my older MI-6 which wouldn't connect well with either the WS6 or D2 previously is connecting ok now with the WS6. 🤔

Updated 5 minutes ago. RC and WS6. Now I have to create again custom progs and to test my last one..

86E29115-EEF4-4129-89BD-58F22FF41DF8.thumb.jpeg.a377589525214dab41faffaf8e7a4acf.jpeg