Nugget Finder GPX 6000 Coils Delays

phrunt

• 3 months later...

On 9/11/2023 at 5:18 PM, phrunt said:

I figured I'd contact Nugget Finder to see what's going on with the other GPX 6000 coils, I quite like my Xceed 12x7" so intend to buy the 8x6" also, I think it'd be a weapon on the 6000. 

So, to save anyone else wasting Rohan's time replying to endless emails about when the coils will be available, I thought I'd post it here.

This was his reply.

Hi Simon

Releasing the 16x10 is our priority at this stage, I don’t expect to have the 8x6 ready for sale until sometime in 2024.

I understand these delays may be frustrating and I appreciate your patience.

Regards

Rohan 

Perhaps that means the 16x10" may be released this year, but the little guy is a fair while off yet, a shame as spring/summer (now) is when I do most of my detecting so I'll miss out this season.  I'll stick to my GPZ and 8" X-Coil for the most powerful small coil detector for now.  

Any updates on the NF Xceed 16x10 coil release date?

Has there been any field testing results of the 16x10, in particular for larger/deeper gold vs the stock ML 11 inch mono coil or the NF 12x7 or the stock ML 17x13 mono?

Some have said that the stock ML 17x13 mono was not that much deeper than the stock ML 11 inch mono, is that true?

Is the GPX 6000 one of those machines that has limited depth improvements when using larger coils similar to the SDC 2300? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dutchman4 said:

Some have said that the stock ML 17x13 mono was not that much deeper than the stock ML 11 inch mono, is that true?

Is the GPX 6000 one of those machines that has limited depth improvements when using larger coils similar to the SDC 2300? 

All horses for courses with their jockeys. I agree to both these assumptions but with a caveat, my findings are based on my age (jockey) and my ground (course). Can there be a defining answer or just opinions? My experience tells me no. eg. The ML19 (horse) on the GPZ7000 is referred as a dog coil by many, I found it a producer at depth over the ML14 which was the only other coil at that time.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

Any updates on the NF Xceed 16x10 coil release date?

Has there been any field testing results of the 16x10, in particular for larger/deeper gold vs the stock ML 11 inch mono coil or the NF 12x7 or the stock ML 17x13 mono?

JP was testing out the 16x10 what was likely a year ago now putting up gold find promo stuff but even that fizzled out.  He appeared to like it and at the time I got the impression it was near ready for sale.

I don’t think the readiness of the coil design is the problem as much as perhaps Rohan has more important things in life to deal with than making coils, it’s a much smaller business than Coiltek so he can’t be filled in for by staff the same.

I believe the 6000 is limited with coil size to depth benefits like the SDC from experimental coils made for it. Minelab want you to buy a 7000 for deep gold.

The 6000 has plenty of coil choice now anyway, if only the 7000 has as big of an approved range.

The 6000 needs more DD coils than anything else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The 6000 needs more DD coils than anything else.

I tried the ML 14 DD and there was no improvement on my collection of hot rocks so it appears the 6K does not appear to benefit much from a DD coil with the exception of EMI rejection. 

• Like 1

Yes DD’s do little for hot rocks on the 6000, but are much better for EMI and maintain small gold sensitivity.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yes DD’s do little for hot rocks on the 6000, but are much better for EMI and maintain small gold sensitivity.

For my gold fields and ground the NF 12x7 mono is plenty sensitive and is stable/quiet.  I read that PI machines benefit with handling hot rocks and mineralized ground better when a DD coil is used but the 6K appears to not exhibit these chacteristics so that means I have no need for a DD coil.

The only question that remains (and has not been answered) is if I can get "significantly" better depth on larger gold with a larger mono coil on the 6K.  If the answer is yes then I was hoping it could be the NF 16x10 since the 12x7 is such a great all around coil.  

49 minutes ago, Dutchman4 said:

For my gold fields and ground the NF 12x7 mono is plenty sensitive and is stable/quiet.  I read that PI machines benefit with handling hot rocks and mineralized ground better when a DD coil is used but the 6K appears to not exhibit these chacteristics so that means I have no need for a DD coil.

The only question that remains (and has not been answered) is if I can get "significantly" better depth on larger gold with a larger mono coil on the 6K.  If the answer is yes then I was hoping it could be the NF 16x10 since the 12x7 is such a great all around coil.  

Agree 100%

The stock 17x13 will be the deepest larger target coil available, the 16x10 is highly unlikely to be deeper I think, unless it’s smaller gold.  Size gives it away, the NF is likely to use the same windings type Minelab used and they did on their 12x7, the idea of 16x10 to me would be similar performance to the 11” with more ground coverage and possibly more stable as the 12x7 is more stable than the 11”, could be less EMI due to smaller size though.

• Like 2