Looking For GPX 6000 Coil Alternatives

On 10/8/2023 at 3:58 PM, phrunt said:

I'll just have to make sure I use it enough while it's still under warranty for it to die on me 🙂

Funny as it sounds, what you said, but I also like the 11" mono ML on our 6000's they work well for us and at this stage they don't have any build issues, but they sure are built light and flimsy so time will tell.

So far the first one has about 3 months use on it and has had one skid plate wear out and a new on put on,  the 2nd 6000 has about 6 weeks use and going well, all the use has been in WA for both machines and coils

cheers dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure that if you get a replacement 11" coil from ML under warranty because your first one failed, the warranty on the replacement doesn't start from the date you got it but roles on from when you first purchased your detector. That kind of sucks.

D4G

• Like 3

On 10/8/2023 at 1:22 AM, Fearless Heart said:

Has anyone used the Minelab 17-in mono coil before I unbox it and try it myself thanks for all the info

Ive only seen and used 2 of them. Both groaned like a kicked drunk. Had to dumb them down to manual 1 or 2 in difficult to even get past the noise. Small target quality was decreased anyway. Unless the quality has increased (akin to the 'better' 11" monos made since May), I would wait for the NF 15x10. Although the Coiltek 14x9 is pretty good I hear. Both owners of the 17 elliptical mono's I knew got rid of them very quickly.

54 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

So, another Dog coil from ML??

D4G

I would say that the initial batches of both flat-wound mono's from the Malaysian contractor were woeful. Anecdotal evidence from the vast majority of users in 2022 would back this statement up....including me. If this coil has been manufactured since, and has been of better quality, is uncertain. Dealerships here tell me that very few have been sold this year as customers are happier with the quality of the 14x9 Coiltek coil and a great many are waiting for the NF 16x10. Word of mouth bashing of the 17" has also lead to lower sales.... 'Nobody wants them' seems to be the phrase often repeated by the 2 dealers Ive spoken to...

• Thanks 1

Well I certainly haven't heard much on the 17" coil & what I have heard hasn't been very positive. If it had some merit I am sure we would have heard some glowing reports so the fact we haven't tells a story I reckon. Why couldn't they have made a 14" mono for the 6000? The 14" was a very popular size on the earlier GPX's.

What's up with the NF coils being a no show.... still?

D4G

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...