900 Update

markinswpa

I am patiently waiting for a 900 software update. If I knew for sure it is never going to happen..I would sell mine

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had the 900 for around 9 months now, it doesn't false on iron mainly for nails or things like nuts with holes in or deep big iron. But u start to learn this is where the jumpy vis come into play if its repeatable but jumpy or crackly or if it pinpoints off from where u think the signal is then its probs iron. If you slowly wiggle back with horse shoe on also it sometimes shows you the iron on the edge of the signal more. Or if you keep u keep ur settings cog on the recovery rate sp that when u press the cog it goes straight to that, then if its a deep target and u wanna investigate more  you can lower the recovery to see a bit deeper more clearer to unmask it it or if it's closer to the surface but h suspect it's cus its trashy and u suspect its irons hiding something you can crank it up and I might get in amongst it more. I dug loads of iron at 1st but learning the characteristics more now  and it's mainly just nails that fool ne or when I forget to horse shoe it when I'm being a bit keen. Also I've got 18" coil and struggled for ages Till I found the wiggle method wiggling it bk till it cuts out then leave a heel mark there then using that as a centre wiggle into it from different directions again putting a heel mark as soon as you start to get the crisper sounds. I actually found this more accurate than pinpoint on stock coil