New To The Community

AuroraHammer

Hello, I just found this site and was really drawn in by the knowledge and experience the community has. I'm always looking to better my detecting techniques and I can tell this forum will be a great resource.

A little about me. I have been detecting for nearly 4 years now and cannot get enough of it. Every time out I feel like I learn something new and improve my methods of hunting. I originally purchased a Garrett Ace 400 to test out the hobby and quickly found that the machine lacked the details I was looking for, so I picked up the Deus and have been an avid XP fan since. I now regularly hunt with the Deus 2 and the Nox 900, mostly in parks here in the Pacific Northwest.

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you with us. I can see that you are hooked on this hobby already and I'm sure that we can expect some nice reading material from you.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome! We're on opposite sides of the USA but have similar history. My first detector was an Ace 400 I bought almost 4 years ago after a roof replacement, I was disappointed with it and bought an Equinox 600, did very well and now I also use the Deus 2. I'm similarly hooked and can't leave the poor Deus alone. 😀 The 600 is now relegated to specialized status.

I live in one of the oldest colonized parts of the USA, so I get a lot of really old relics during that season. As old as we immigrants could lose. 😏😎

I retired 3 years ago and can't say enough good about the health benefits of metal detecting, but it does bring some pain  🤣 The gain is worth it.

Hope you will not be afraid to dive in and post some finds and observations. Best of luck to you out there.

12 hours ago, AuroraHammer said:

Hello, I just found this site and was really drawn in by the knowledge and experience the community has. I'm always looking to better my detecting techniques and I can tell this forum will be a great resource.

A little about me. I have been detecting for nearly 4 years now and cannot get enough of it. Every time out I feel like I learn something new and improve my methods of hunting. I originally purchased a Garrett Ace 400 to test out the hobby and quickly found that the machine lacked the details I was looking for, so I picked up the Deus and have been an avid XP fan since. I now regularly hunt with the Deus 2 and the Nox 900, mostly in parks here in the Pacific Northwest.

Welcome aboard, Aurorahammer. You have some great detectors there.

Good Luck & Have Fun