Website Rollback - New Update ×

New To The Community

AuroraHammer

Hello, I just found this site and was really drawn in by the knowledge and experience the community has. I'm always looking to better my detecting techniques and I can tell this forum will be a great resource.

A little about me. I have been detecting for nearly 4 years now and cannot get enough of it. Every time out I feel like I learn something new and improve my methods of hunting. I originally purchased a Garrett Ace 400 to test out the hobby and quickly found that the machine lacked the details I was looking for, so I picked up the Deus and have been an avid XP fan since. I now regularly hunt with the Deus 2 and the Nox 900, mostly in parks here in the Pacific Northwest.

• Like 5

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you with us. I can see that you are hooked on this hobby already and I'm sure that we can expect some nice reading material from you.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 2

Welcome! We're on opposite sides of the USA but have similar history. My first detector was an Ace 400 I bought almost 4 years ago after a roof replacement, I was disappointed with it and bought an Equinox 600, did very well and now I also use the Deus 2. I'm similarly hooked and can't leave the poor Deus alone. ? The 600 is now relegated to specialized status.

I live in one of the oldest colonized parts of the USA, so I get a lot of really old relics during that season. As old as we immigrants could lose. ??

I retired 3 years ago and can't say enough good about the health benefits of metal detecting, but it does bring some pain  ? The gain is worth it.

Hope you will not be afraid to dive in and post some finds and observations. Best of luck to you out there.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AuroraHammer said:

Hello, I just found this site and was really drawn in by the knowledge and experience the community has. I'm always looking to better my detecting techniques and I can tell this forum will be a great resource.

A little about me. I have been detecting for nearly 4 years now and cannot get enough of it. Every time out I feel like I learn something new and improve my methods of hunting. I originally purchased a Garrett Ace 400 to test out the hobby and quickly found that the machine lacked the details I was looking for, so I picked up the Deus and have been an avid XP fan since. I now regularly hunt with the Deus 2 and the Nox 900, mostly in parks here in the Pacific Northwest.

Welcome aboard, Aurorahammer. You have some great detectors there.

Good Luck & Have Fun

• Like 1