Recently Discovered Ladies Coin Purse With Contents And A Sterling Luggage Tag.

The middle letter is an H, I have seen the old style lettering of that kind in grandfathers items he had.

So it seems that it could be a child of the person that Phrunt had mentioned.

Vera K Watson

The type is   

Edwardian Script ITC

Great find!  I would keep all the items together just for the story value.  It would be even more mind blowing if you could find part of the chain or other trinkets which went with it. I bet this brings you a smile for years to come!

A great find that has that personal touch . Congrats

Crazy cool find!  Even before the history.  Now with, just neater than heck!

- Dave

Another amazing find, Doc, well done! Guys in my detecting club have hunted for decades to find just a few of those coins and you hit a pocket full! Just awesome!

wow2.gif

Stellar finds Doc, you're now the second one I've seen to find something Chatelaine-related. I dug one about 2 years ago, gave it to the landowner with some small silver coins and buttons. Mine was copper or brass and marked "England". Dug it at a house site that was standing until the mid 1900s. 👍 Got a lot of wheats, IHPs, and a few old buffalo and V nickels there. Pretty sure the silver was scoffed.20220305_200927.thumb.jpg.7d62d04a3feb43ff020a31dc1097090b.jpg20220305_201950.thumb.jpg.817c5e5f96efdd15ef6eb86afd843f46.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 6:15 PM, phrunt said:

Was in found in Oregon? I notice your location says California and Oregon.

There was a Vera G Watson in Oregon around those times especially seeing the latest coin in it was 1920's so it had to have been lost after that.

Vera G Watson (1909 - 2003) - Sisters, OR | AncientFaces Free Family History

I'm not sure about the naming having a K, the Vera Watson looks correct to my eyeballs but the middle initial is the confusing bit to me and I'm not good at reading that fancy writing but looks a bit like a G 🙂

VeraWatson.thumb.jpeg.a21430c9b2f75789fb28657efab34e05.jpeg

It looks more like a G or 9 to me, but then there is another character after that that looks like a B or 6? So weird.

I wonder if it's Vera Watson and a couple of numbers in the middle?

Hi Simon I neglected to say thank you for providing me with the link to the AncientFaces website.       I will definitely be putting it to good use to possibly identify numerous other items that I have found.

Doc 

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Stellar finds Doc, you're now the second one I've seen to find something Chatelaine-related. I dug one about 2 years ago, gave it to the landowner with some small silver coins and buttons. Mine was copper or brass and marked "England". Dug it at a house site that was standing until the mid 1900s. 👍 Got a lot of wheats, IHPs, and a few old buffalo and V nickels there. Pretty sure the silver was scoffed.20220305_200927.thumb.jpg.7d62d04a3feb43ff020a31dc1097090b.jpg20220305_201950.thumb.jpg.817c5e5f96efdd15ef6eb86afd843f46.jpg

Thanks Bob I really like the one that you dug as well.