Garrett Axiom Compatible X-coils

phrunt

I had a Coiltek 6" mono that I sold right after I got the GPX 6000. It's been tested on many small nuggets the smallest being if I remember right .03 grams. But even some of the bigger rough gold nuggets up to .40 grams the GPX 5000 with that 6" mono wouldn't see them. The test was done just using a gold scoop run over the top of the coil or nugget laying on a rock. That same small nugget .03 grams the 7x11 DD Axiom coil will hit and so will the 6000. Not saying the Axiom is better on bigger deep gold and I wouldn't expect it to be simply because of the availability of bigger coils for the 5000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, that confirms to me they have a faulty detector.

My personal experience with the axiom and coils. With out doubt the axiom blows the 7000 out of the water on small gold, and I've pick a few dinks out of a patch creamed by a 6000, not saying the axiom is better or the 6000 is better on small gold, alot of different scenarios at play for a creamed patch, maybe the coil didn't scan at the right places. One dink was 0.4 grain at 2.5"  using the 11" dd. Which I find the 11 dd is far more sensitive than the 11 mono for small gold. I'm hoping for a sensitive coil like the dd but edge sensitive like a mono. Last week I hit a few specimens one was in a hole drop a detector scrape, and the other was next to a detector hole that was 12-13" down. Maybe the prospector who scanned that area was sloppy? Overall I like my axiom and I don't run my sdc2300 anymore on an occasion I'll run my 7000. Like i mentioned earlier I would like a coil for the axiom sensitive like the 11 dd fc coils but edge sensitive like a mono coil. 

20240129_050418.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

• Like 2