Small Coil?

H20waterhunter

6 hours ago, midalake said:

What is a 5X9 coil going to do that the 9" round will not???  I hunt water with the 9" now. 

I know this topic was seemingly started by a water hunter.

I am glad that XP improved the smaller nugget gold prospecting possibilities for Deus 2 with the improvements to FMF Goldfield in version 2.0. At the moment, using Goldfield with the available 9" coil, testing performance on sub 0.5 gram gold nuggets is about the same using FMF Goldfield and Deus 2 Mono setup similar to Goldfield but just using 45 kHz. That's a big improvement and lets the FMF multi frequency Goldfield program move ahead due to its much better simultaneous multi frequency iron mineralization handling. The available 9" coil acts more like the X35 Deus 1/ORX version coils than the HF 9" coil in my opinion however. To me it is noisier and less sensitive than it needs to be and could be improved. The 9" white HF round coil and the HF 9X5" coils were hyper sensitive in my opinion. Using an FMF 9X5" coil similar to the concentrated sensitivity of the HF elliptical coil on really hot ground coupled with really rough terrain should improve the situation even more.

I don't see much of a use for a 9X5" coil for water hunters unless I was hunting a boulder strewn creek or small river bed or a really rocky saltwater shoreline and needed to get the smaller footprint of an elliptical coil into some tight spaces. At a wide open beach/surf area, I don't see the point of having one.

Imagine how much easier to swing and just better a small 9X5" or so elliptical coil performs opposed to a 9" or 11" round coil in a place like this where I often hunt:

IMG_3248.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This probably sounds silly to a lot of you and may be slightly off topic but hey I've never been accused of not being a little different and at times going into overkill mode....Anyway purely out of frustration and having to deal with situations like the good CPT has pictured and far worse than that at times I have resorted to bringing along what are according to some the old and outdated equipment.My deus 1 remote which fits very well onto the d2 shaft the WSS over the ear headset and the HF elliptical coil and sometimes even the round HF coil. I have the 280 pack and there is plenty of room for everything.Besides sometimes I still like to hunt in the very high frequencies just for fun.

• Like 2

As a water hunter, I would like to comment on the subject. I mainly research in freshwater lakes. There are many beaches in these lakes where a lot of garbage and other objects have been piled up in layers for many years. There are also places where the soil is strongly volcanic, clayey, or muddy, etc.. It is a great madness to hunt in such places, because it exhausts the mind the many signs close to each other. Meanwhile, you are sure that there is gold among them. Separation is very important here, as objects mask each other. This year I went with deus 2, usually I dig between 30-50-80 useful signals almost every time. Sometimes I took out a couple of nice rings or other smaller pieces of jewelry, necklaces or pendants. The accuracy of digging is also quite difficult, as many signals can be caught in one swing. The fact that the water is up to your chest or neck doesn't make the situation any easier either. The point is that last time on a beach with the same problem (in the water, of course) after the Deus, I took out the Equinox with the elliptical small 10x5 Coiltek coil and I was able to dig and separate the signals much more precisely. I found the first gold chain among a lot of garbage, which I was very happy about.
I hope the next XP release will be a small elliptical coil like the white deus I coil.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Timmysys said:

Come cacciatore d'acqua, vorrei commentare l'argomento. Mi occupo principalmente di laghi d'acqua dolce. Ci sono molte spiagge in questi laghi dove da molti anni moltissima spazzatura e altri oggetti sono ammucchiati a strati. Ci sono anche luoghi dove il terreno è fortemente vulcanico, argilloso, o fangoso, ecc. È una grande follia cacciare in tali luoghi, perché esaurisce la mente i tanti segni vicini gli uni agli altri. Nel frattempo, sei sicuro che ci sia dell'oro tra loro. La separazione è molto importante qui, poiché gli oggetti si mascherano a vicenda. Quest'anno sono andato con deus 2, di solito cerco tra i 30-50-80 segnali utili quasi ogni volta. A volte tiravo fuori un paio di graziosi anelli o altri piccoli gioielli, collane o ciondoli. Anche la precisione dello scavo è piuttosto difficile, poiché molti segnali possono essere catturati in un colpo solo. Il fatto che l'acqua arrivi fino al petto o al collo non facilita la situazione. Il punto è che l'ultima volta su una spiaggia con lo stesso problema (in acqua, ovviamente) dopo il Deus, ho tirato fuori l'Equinox con la piccola bobina ellittica Coiltek 10x5 e sono riuscito a scavare e separare i segnali in modo molto più preciso . Ho trovato la prima catena d'oro in mezzo a tanta spazzatura, cosa di cui sono stato molto felice.
Spero che la prossima versione di XP sia una piccola bobina ellittica come la bobina bianca Deus I.

OK, I also search in areas with a lot of rubbish and the nine inch in this case is too big, the iron often masks the gold, even if increasing the reactivity helps in fact by increasing the reactivity it takes away power from the plate edges simulating have a smaller plate

• Like 3

That's the magic of the elliptical coil design. The narrower side to side area reduces ground and EMI interference while the center front to back overlap area has more of a laser-like focus into the ground. It is the best design for separating targets.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 5:31 AM, NCtoad said:

I guess I’m the odd one out in that I wish they would come out with a round 6” coil if it’s possible to make one.  I love the 6” on my nox!

I did too, until I got the 10x5" and then I retired the 6". It just worked better for my hunting places. Of course you're not odd at all, NCt, if the 6" is working well for you, then I say, "Hell Yeah!" 😉

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just been playing around with 9x5 oval and it’s brill ,sure need one for the d2 as well ,xp may deliver a 10x5 some time ,it’s light and manoeuvrable 

• Like 5