Minelab Price Increases

phrunt

Well, it appears the rumours of price increases for Minelab products are true.

This from Lost Treasures in Australia, a dealer I trust and have bought from before.

"Just to let everyone know that Minelab will have a price increase for all of their detectors and pin pointers coming in to effect on the 1/1/24. So there is no better time than the present to grab a machine before everything goes up next year."

These are obviously Australian dollars.

399637551_777352751070773_7123016159179922779_n.thumb.jpg.aa7a116518a9a1baf3800c367b838351.jpg

I'm not quite sure why there are two GPZ's on the list but I assume one comes with the 19" coil.  It's impossible to put up the price of the Pro-Find 35 😛

I see this list and realize how much money I've burnt when I add up all my detectors 🤣

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

And then there will be those constant 10% to 15% "Sale prices" from dealers......buyers thinking they are getting a good price but forget the jacked up new base prices. Minelab really are clueless......or not ?? 🤔

This one is from Miner's Den in Australia.  Funny that their current RRP for the GPX5000 is different to the one in your image Phrunt?  🤷‍♂️

And yep, the GPZ price difference is with/without 19" coil. 

I just cannot understand how they are justifying the price increase?? 

image.png.7e28c04be93e5a8fbf6d25e87650429c.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks Northeast, I couldn't read yours so here is a better image of the Miners Den Price "Udate" 🤣

minersden.thumb.jpg.728c5cbd35efe73465e4f3bd33d55dac.jpg

It's funny they think the 19" coil is worth $1000, although it makes a fantastic adapter.

Dealers are dealers, they exist to make money although the current price isn't the current RRP, it's the MDA price, I assume that means Miners Den Australia price, which is why it differs from the Lost Treasures current price.  Miners Den was cheaper for the Monster than Lost Treasures too.

Interesting the GM1000 now only includes the 5" coil even with the massive price jump, I guess almost nobody uses the other coil anyway.

The jump with the CTX is pretty incredible, it is a good detector though.

I don't know why there were rumours of the 5000 being discontinued, it's gone up by a grand.

Sellers of second-hand units will be overjoyed.

• Like 3

Here's the Excalibur II on "sale" for $1800...down from the "normal"  $2000 price.

The problem is the Excalibur could regularly be purchased for between $1750 and $1799 until the new price jumped to $2000.

Excalibur II.PNG

• Like 1

Currently $1768 NZD, $1638 Australian Dollars (AUD) at our dealer.

Minelab Excalibur II Waterproof Metal Detector - Jacobs Digital

I bet that price is about to disappear, thought I best post a screenshot in case it changes quickly 🙂

ex.thumb.jpg.0dc1d8e48ee9addb4407927b5025c566.jpg

Inflation huh? 🙂  Damn those Malaysian manufactures and their labour price increases!  Soon it will be $2299 AUD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And then take another 15% GST of that NZ price....might get a backup Excalibur.

No GST into Australia if it's under $2000 Aussie.....

Better be quick though.

Might see what their Black Friday sale will be like 🙂

• Like 1

Yep, $1502 NZD for an Excalibur 2 without GST, $1386 AUD, funny how they price things differently for different markets and how much people in those markets are willing to pay.

Strange indeed......even with shipping, the NZ price is cheaper to the tune of $400 on that "awesome" sale price of $1800 Aussie dollars....🤑

It's all about water temperature Tony, you have to have titanium marbles to use an Excalibur in NZ, we get icebergs from Antarticia some years 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4