Docs Swingy Thingy And Swing Arm

DSMITH

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You won't be disappointed I'm sure, and if you still want to take even more weight off consider the hip stick, no doubt one day as I age that hip stick I've got stuffed away somewhere in a cupboard may come out and get used as it does do what it claims🙂

Doc has a great deal going on the Swingy Thingy and Saga swing Arm rite now so I went with that deal and purchased it

I have been searching the net for the Hip Stick but have not had any success in finding where I can purchase it here in the U.S as of yet, with the issues I have been having with my lower back, sounds like it might be an answer to those problems, I have ended up in the hospital for my lower back issues three times now in the last 2 months and when those issues hit it literally buckles my knees as it feels like someone has shoved a knife into my lower back on my right side so I am trying to alleviate those issues from happening 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

IMG_20220430_151935.thumb.jpg.1664cd2b8fd5371d67561a15122809bf.jpg

The Saga is perfect for detecting large areas like this, and what you want is depth so the big deeper coils are a good idea, and the Saga helps with that.  This would be 2 or 3 times my height.

I have a area I have been going into to detect that looks real similar to your photo but I have been reluctant to swing up the sides of it because of my back issues, I did not want to take a chance and end up on the ground writhing in pain from swinging my detector above my head or chest level, just not a smart idea when you are out pretty much by yourself and have back issue, i am never alone as my wife goes out with me but if I was to go down she would not know what to do, I have a medical alert device that I have been working with her trying to teach her what to do f she ever gets out and gets lost or god forbid I go down and she has to use that medical alert device, I do know it works when we are out because I have tested while we are out in areas which is great to be able to just push a button and get help, with my wife's dementia I felt it was a good thing to have with us she wears it around her neck and I tell her to push the button, the company its through knows the situation with my wife, so they have had no issues with us testing it as many times as we want to

Sorry to hear that, you're in a tough position, the hip stick sounds like the perfect thing for your needs along with Doc's setup that you've just purchased.  The hip stick completely removes the weight from your upper body, yes, it's a bit annoying as it gets in the way and makes a grinding sound that hinders concentration if you use a speaker but it will resolve your problem.  

In these areas detecting walls like that I've been using the GPZ and 8" X-coil mostly, and I can swing that all day long as the coil is lighter than the detector's back end, at least it feels that way I don't know if it is so it's pretty effortless however my plan was to swing bigger coils for depth and the Doc swing arm helps that that being a multi angle pivot.   

My biggest bit in these cliffs was 4.2 grams right at the top of it, which for NZ is a large nugget so I want to put a lot more effort into them.  The old timers stopped for some reason but it wasn't because the gold ran out, it's more likely they just found a more productive area and, in the rush, they had to get in quick before it was gone.  So now I'm going back and hitting them again with the 15" Concentric coil for more depth and hope to find more further into the walls and the swing arm setup will help with that quite a lot having the weight on both arms rather than one.

• Like 1

DSMITH,

I use & love my hipstick and you may have to contact Chris Porter or order one from JP in AUS: 

Bill

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cobill said:

DSMITH,

I use & love my hipstick and you may have to contact Chris Porter or order one from JP in AUS: 

Bill

Was going to order a hip stick from Outback Prospector but it says N/A to U.S Customers so I assume that means not available to us here in the U.S from Outback Prospector.

DSMITH, 

Maybe @steveg (Steve's Detector Rods) can produce them in OK and distribute them in CONUS? Not sure about patent infringement...only @nvchris (Chris Porter) can answer that one. Happy Thanksgiving,

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobill said:

DSMITH, 

Maybe @steveg (Steve's Detector Rods) can produce them in OK and distribute them in CONUS? Not sure about patent infringement...only @nvchris (Chris Porter) can answer that one. Happy Thanksgiving,

Bill

a hip stick would be a good item for @Doc to produce for us here in the U.S i can get one from miners den in Australia but the shipping is like $50 to get it shipped to Arizona

I am thinking about ordering one of these and then modifying it for use with a detector and the price seems really reasonable, this one is a shooting rest and fully adjustable in length, I believe I could modify it for use with a detector though even includes a 60 inch belt 

https://hipstickrest.com/

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family also Bill and all the Detector Prospector family

This might help a lot.

WERNER, Plastic, 20 lb Load Capacity, Tool Holder with Belt Clip - 1XGF8|AC58-TL - Grainger

It's the actual part you need to make your own and the part used on the original, from there it's pretty simple, a hair tie from your wife, a rod, some parts from your old tent. 🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phrunt said:

This might help a lot.

WERNER, Plastic, 20 lb Load Capacity, Tool Holder with Belt Clip - 1XGF8|AC58-TL - Grainger

It's the actual part you need to make your own and the part used on the original, from there it's pretty simple, a hair tie from your wife, a rod, some parts from your old tent. 🙂

Thanks for the Link

This is my original one

hipstickbottom.jpeg.35a418048771c6f01e88150071a9c574.jpeghipstickhairtie.thumb.jpeg.802d805c1e0cf249e06f6420ba995dbd.jpeghipsticktop.thumb.jpeg.c5f7847b90fb9d981087c78a4787f615.jpeg