10k On The Tubing River

NCtoad

There’s a very popular river that has literally thousands of people that tube down it in the summer.  It’s fed from a dammed lake about 5 miles upstream.  In the spring, summer and fall they open the dam gates to raise the river level for the tubers and kayakers.  They finally quit opening the dam for the winter so I donned my hip boots and took the nox with the 6” coil.  It only got up to 46 degrees today so needless to say I was cold.  It’s very hard to dig between all the rocks so I had to roll up my sleeve to retrieve the items I found.  My scoop is nearly useless. Got a nice titanium ring early on and was just about ready to quit for the day when a solid 11 signal ended up being a 10k ladies ring.  Look at all the vapes in this river (really just a creek).  This is a trout stream!   

IMG_4248.jpeg

IMG_4249.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg

IMG_4247.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg

NC getting the gold! Congrats! That's some hard work. I want to go to the river tomorrow but opted for easier digging due to the arm dislocation. 🤬

That's a lot of vapes, I started that in 2012 and haven't had a cold since. 🤔

🏆

6 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

NC getting the gold! Congrats! That's some hard work. I want to go to the river tomorrow but opted for easier digging due to the arm dislocation. 🤬

That's a lot of vapes, I started that in 2012 and haven't had a cold since. 🤔

🏆

Thanks 350!   I just hate seeing all that trash in a beautiful trout stream.  

Yeah it’s hard work but probably good for my balance as I get older!   😁

Good looking river there makes me want to dust off my fly rods 🙂

I bent the @#$% out of my first basket scoop on gravel like that, Not easy at all to fish targets out. Thought of using a mud shovel but not sure how well that would work either. Kind of need a half shovel half scoop for that kind of water hunting.

Nice gold, bet theres more stuff there. Congrats

6 hours ago, NCtoad said:

This is a trout stream!   

Great job on the recoveries and I'm sure that it was a lot of hard work. Beautiful area to hunt, I have used a rake that has wire to retrieve items with instead of a shovel.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

4 hours ago, kac said:

Good looking river there makes me want to dust off my fly rods

It's a lot easier to use the best way to get fish, just a 1/2 stick of dynamite will get most of them within a 50 foot area.

8 hours ago, kac said:

Good looking river there makes me want to dust off my fly rods 🙂

I bent the @#$% out of my first basket scoop on gravel like that, Not easy at all to fish targets out. Thought of using a mud shovel but not sure how well that would work either. Kind of need a half shovel half scoop for that kind of water hunting.

Nice gold, bet theres more stuff there. Congrats

Here’s my scoop.  Plenty strong (and heavy), but even though it’s small compared to most beach scoops, it’s still way too big to get in crevices between rocks.  Needs a pointy end instead of rounded.  I wish someone with better design capabilities could come up with something just for rocky creeks like this.  

IMG_4254.jpeg

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great job on the recoveries and I'm sure that it was a lot of hard work. Beautiful area to hunt, I have used a rake that has wire to retrieve items with instead of a shovel.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

It's a lot easier to use the best way to get fish, just a 1/2 stick of dynamite will get most of them within a 50 foot area.

Yes, a small three tined rake might work better than a scoop.  

Those vapes are probably not more nature-friendly than ordinary cigarette stubs 😕...

Nice one on the titanium - never found one so far.
Had one palladium this year - but I've been able to return it.