Huge Minelab Price Increase - And Gold Monster To Come With One Coil?

3 hours ago, dig4gold said:

I have a Nox 800 with 6" coil & the 10x5 coiltek. I still really like my GM 1000 with 5" coil.

D4G

Well, it works, but would you be as happy with it if you paid the new pricing and it only came with one coil for that price? New price in AUD $1399, so direct conversion to NZ is $1500, then by the time they add the NZ Tax (you know the one that makes us pay more for absolutely everything) we will likely pay $1600 or more for it in NZD, not a detector I'd pay $1600 for with a single coil.  I think from memory I paid $1059 for my GM.  The new price is pretty expensive for a one trick pony.

A more complete AUD price list of the new pricing. Miners Den were lazy with their list.

399637551_777352751070773_7123016159179922779_n.thumb.jpg.aa7a116518a9a1baf3800c367b838351.jpg

To clarify the second GPZ listing is including the 19" coil.

The Pro-Find 35 was one of few without a price increase, I wonder why 😛

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Well if the prices continue to go up I will simply keep what I have and use it until it drops dead. Then and only then will I find another detector and it doesn't have to be a Minelab.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

It is said “ Nothing Last Forever “ but tomorrow if I so wish I can order another Minelab detector and get my 15% Vet discount off of it .

Minelab I may stand alone but I thank you for for a great product you have put out over the years.

Chuck 

Talk about rubbing salt into wounds....you guys get a 15% discount and we get a 25% price rise.....💩

BTW......all my T-shirts are now sold out 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Talk about rubbing salt into wounds....you guys get a 15% discount and we get a 25% price rise..

I believe that the veterans have deserved it as they have fought to save us all from all the evil in this world.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Talk about rubbing salt into wounds....you guys get a 15% discount and we get a 25% price rise.....💩

And there is no Aussie military discount, that's the biggest salt in the wounds thing....   That's accidently using deep heat cream for toothpaste, been there! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 2

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

That's accidently using deep heat cream for toothpaste, been there! 

I was thinking Deep Heat cream for Haemorrhoid cream 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 2

Actually, when all is said and done, I can have a good laugh regarding Minelab's business model....afterall, I've ever only bought one new Minelab detector ever......and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon. My new Excalibur was bought new for $1599 back in 2018, and now they want extra $700 for it !!!

• Like 2

Guys nobody happy with a price increase. I’m not happy when I go to the the grocery store and it’s costing me more to live. 
 I do know if I can’t afford one detector it’s others in line that wants my business and I have more than one of them in the other room plus Minelab standing next to them. I can’t see what the future brings but we can only take it a day at a time and do what’s best for each one of us.

I say the best to each and everyone of you.

Chuck 

• Like 5

Miners Den posted up their current discounted price, compared to the new recommended retail price, which makes the increases look a lot bigger than they are. If you look at the Lost Treasures one that Simon posted up, you'll see the biggest jumps are with the high end gold machines. 

Steve, yes the packout for Gold Monster has changed. Now without the bigger coil, but an extra battery instead. 

Don't know about overseas markets, but here in Oz, nearly everyone I know uses the 5" coil exclusively. Maybe our mineralisation?  

• Like 7