Garrett Axiom Customer Service

On 12/14/2023 at 6:48 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I really like my Axiom. However I was having an issue with my 11X7" DD coil. It would not ground balance using the Fine timing and would usually ground balance in the Normal timing. My 11X7" Mono had no problems ground balancing in Fine or Normal on the same ground. Kind of odd. I called Garrett and they immediately gave me an RMA number. Since I had owned my Axiom for more than 30 days, they asked me to pay for shipping to them and they paid for shipping back to me. I made a video and sent it to them. I also asked for an extra coil bolt. 

I only sent the coil, not the entire detector.

I got my new 11X7" DD coil today via FedEx and they remembered my request for an extra coil bolt, so a 2.5 week turnaround which is really good in my opinion. So far this new DD coil seems to be working much better than my original one.

Thanks Garrett and thanks to Steve H for encouraging me to send it in for a checkup and replacement if needed.

IMG_4028.jpg

I sent my 11X7" DD in to Garrett last week for the same reason. Won't ground balance. With mine, I suspect a wire connection problem, based on how it would intermittently ground balance. Garrett gave me and RMA number right away. No fuss.  My only wish is that customer service would send me email as the coil moves through their process so I know something is going on. i.e. Package Recieved, Item in Test, Defect Found, Replacement Item Shipped (with tracking number) etc.  I know I can call them, but communication would make the experince even better...  But otherwise, they have been great!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timbus59 said:

I sent my 11X7" DD in to Garrett last week for the same reason. Won't ground balance. With mine, I suspect a wire connection problem, based on how it would intermittently ground balance. Garrett gave me and RMA number right away. No fuss.  My only wish is that customer service would send me email as the coil moves through their process so I know something is going on. i.e. Package Recieved, Item in Test, Defect Found, Replacement Item Shipped (with tracking number) etc.  I know I can call them, but communication would make the experince even better...  But otherwise, they have been great!

I hope it is just a bad batch of coils. 

When I got my replacement 11X7" DD it also acted kind of weird as if the Axiom didn't recognize it as a DD coil or something even after several resets. It stayed on reset default 49/49 for several minutes while I tried to ground balance it. It wasn't noisy at all during pumping ground balance, but the numbers just stayed on 49/49. The DD I sent in for replacement was super noisy even on relatively mild ground during and after pumping ground balance in Fine and sometimes in Normal timings and the ground balance numbers were all over the place.

The next day I did another reset and the replacement coil has worked fine ever since and hopefully will stay that way.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

The DD worked great for a couple of weeks and then seemed to go bad one day. I would reset then frequency scan then ground balance. And on each pump both numbers would drop down to 00 00. One time when I wiggled the wire near where it connects to the coil it ground balanced just fine so I was thinking a connection problem. My other two coils that came with the standard package work fine. I'm sure Garrett's customer service will take care of it. 🙂

• Like 1