Xmas Weather Photo During Qld Aust. Cyclone

geof_junk

That is truly one hell of a amazing shot,i really do like that....who ever took that it must be a once in a lifetime chance to capture that.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, RickUK said:

That is truly one hell of a amazing shot

I'm not sure Rick but my guess is that the tree was already on fire (maybe previously hit) and then they just captured lightning in the background.  Still a good shot but in Queensland during electrical storms the night sky can feel like it is almost constantly lit because the lightning is so frequent.  Like I say though, I am just guessing 👍

• Like 9

Must have been 'Lightning Fast' on the shutter button 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, RickUK said:

That is truly one hell of a amazing shot,i really do like that....who ever took that it must be a once in a lifetime chance to capture that.

Or really good at photo shopping...I've never heard or seen of a camera that can see inside if trees unless that tree was split down the middle ?...just saying

strick

• Like 1

I was sitting in my truck during a fishing trip when lightning and rain blew in. Lightning hit the large tree next to where I was parked. As the lightning came down the tree blowing bark off like crazy, when the lightning hit the ground it looked like a super large red Lazer beam. It only last a few seconds but was unforgettable.  I still have a piece of the tree that was blown off as a keepsake.  

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 2

We lived back east back in my younger days ...(army brat) any ways one evening during a storm lightning struck the tree in our back yard I happened to be looking out the window when it happened a few sparks and a small branch falling off the tree I’m feeling kinda ripped off seeing the picture now lol...I have been told they will explode by people that have seen it in person....we had a good lightning show this past fall up in the high sierras the 4 of us were there huddling under cover observing....

strick

• Like 3

Shot taken at precise strike.... Note the faint rainbow... gold... gold

dbba7a9f6a7f7c59bd05c6a124a99ef6.thumb.png.5f7f39aed669d9fbb8fa44b5ef271bba.png

• Like 2