Two Afternoon Hunts - Three Coin Denominations 100+ Years Old!

Some very nice older finds.

Thanks, I like setting personal records! 😁

• Like 1

Very nice hunt with some interesting finds. Great job on the saves and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Awesome! love those "find a minute" kind of hunts, but I see where you would shift gears and "go for the old" (to "coin" a phrase 😀) Congrats on the old ones, and you got a silver coin too!

Sometimes I'll clean up those old tokens if they have high relief. Probably shouldn't mention how 😏Take a picture of the result and it may pop up on Numista if you use Google Lens. 

Nice early Matchbox too. Did you use the 13" ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Geologyhound said:

Any guesses where I will go when I next have a free afternoon?

Back to an abandoned country store site? 

Reminded me of a find in town some years ago. A couple of friends were remodeling a local drinking establishment. While repairing a sagging floor they discovered a large pile of coins under the bar in the crawl space. While drinking to the reopening the owner/bartender was observed tossing coins on the back liquor cabinet. All eyes followed the coins as they glided over the rear countertop towards a collision with the wall before dropping down through a newly widen crack between the back wall and floor boards. At that point we all downed several toasts in tribute to the bartender, his father and grandfather.

Unfortunately, at the moment of discovery I was busy down the block converting another old adult entertainment establishment into modern office space. Delayed by just minutes, after rummaging through a hidden upstairs recess, I arrived too late to stake a valid share of the original Italian bar claim. 

Great finds, Keep digging!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Very nice hunt with some interesting finds. Great job on the saves and good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks, that was one of my best hunts in a long time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

A good day's showing right there !  Great spot to detect ,,,🤩

To quote the terminator, “I’ll be back”. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1