Best Metal Detecting For Gold / Gold Prospecting Youtube Channels?

Two Toes, Bill Southern, Brass Medic, Chris Ralph… open to suggestions.

45 minutes ago, tboykin said:

What have those kooky guys at Garrett got up their sleeve this time Steve

Good news, glad the hear rumors Garrett has something coming off the bench.

• Like 2

The 3 I watch on a regular basis are Outback gold fever, I brake for bedrock and Nugget shooter journals.

• Like 2

There is nothing current that I think has significant content.  Dan Hurd occasionally says something useful, but his time is past.  He was great while he was teaching high school, but since then, his material is very weak.  Two Toes was full of good info early on, but now he is only rarely informative.  I'll watch these guy only because there is nothing else I want to watch.  The other channels rarely have anything to say, and they spend lots of time saying it.  If anyone out there wants to publish something, I strongly advise that you write yourself a script.  Don't dither, don't babble,  and don't follow distractions.

Steve, if you wan't to try publishing a youtube channel, I'd look forward to watching it.

• Like 4

There's a big difference between informative or instructional... and entertaining to watch. Not many of the US Youtube sites are 'entertaining per se. Pioneer Pauly and Dan Hurd I watch, mainly for the scenery (and Pauly's ludicrous sense of humor) but they are Canadian of course. Bill Southern can be informative, so he's worth a watch. Mount Baker mining is also instructional, but for mining info rather than actual prospecting.

The Aussie ones to watch are:

Outback gold fever

Vo-gus prospecting

West Oz Adventures

Savage Prospecting 

Buckshot Prospector (absolute lunatic lol)

Rob Parsons

Tassie Boys Prospecting

Gold Magnet

JB Heli-Prospecting

• Like 4

Here in the UK gold prospecting is not the normal type of metal detecting,so only maybe a few do it,i very rarely watch any specific gold hunting YT videos and certainly not Oak Island.

I do like watching videos for hunting gold coinage and other gold artefacts,but nugget hunting i doubt that i will ever visit a location ie Aussie land and give it a try.

• Like 2

Bill Southern when he posts one.🖖And Two Toes vids usually end with some color everywhere those two goes.

Otherwise I  just look at whatever looks interesting.

Usually click out on most of those though !

I do like many of the Aussie's contributions , the scenery there looks like boondock heaven to me !  😎   

• Like 2

Two Toes, Gold Seeker Adventures and I Brake For Bedrock regularly, but watch others that too that look interesting.

• Like 3

Good subject. I have to agree that Jonathan Porter, then Chris Ralph, Phasetech Nenad are my top 3 but some others mentioned on this page are worth watching also.  

• Like 2