Best Metal Detecting For Gold / Gold Prospecting Youtube Channels?

We all may watch for different reasons, so no one on this subject can possibly be wrong. Great thing about our hobby, we are the same in many things but different in many things also. Just enjoy what you like.  

• Like 2

For those currently making YouTube videos my favorites are:

Outback Gold Fever

Digging with Phasetech

Nugget Shooter Journals

TwoToes/Smithsgold

Vo-gus Prospecting

Relics and Rings (should add Nuggets to the name!)

Any videos done by Rob Allison.

I don't like gold prospecting videos with lots of foul language, blatantly pushing product lines when the video maker is supposedly independent, political crap, sexual crap or long-winded commentary that finally gets to the point. Just tell me your settings, give some generalized site background and get to it. Obviously learning the detector during the video while telling viewers your opinions about it and how to use it gets old quick too.

Dirt Fish Mish did a couple of prospecting videos. I know she has temporarily stopped making regular videos due to her new job. If she ever gets back to it, she is absolutely fantastic even though she is a beginner detector prospector. Garrett, Minelab, Nokta or XP should definitely sponsor her and Krissy.

• Like 5

Most have already been mentioned, but my favs are:

Vo-gus Prospecting

Victorian Gold Hunters

Goldfields Goose

Digging with Phasetech

Outback Gold Fever

Gold Magnet

Minelab Gold - there hasn’t been any new content posted for a long time, but the old videos are worth watching. Hope he’s ok.

The Coffee Bush Kid - Mostly relic hunting but there a few prospecting vids in the mix. 

• Like 1

Vic gold hunters, not for what they find, but Glenn's explanations of old timers workings and his understanding of historical gold  mining and living.

Goldfields goose, because he is authentic, and is "us".

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GoodAmount said:

Most have already been mentioned, but my favs are:

Vo-gus Prospecting

Victorian Gold Hunters

Goldfields Goose

Digging with Phasetech

Outback Gold Fever

Gold Magnet

Minelab Gold - there hasn’t been any new content posted for a long time, but the old videos are worth watching. Hope he’s ok.

The Coffee Bush Kid - Mostly relic hunting but there a few prospecting vids in the mix. 

Yeah, I forgot about Goldfields Goose (Daniel and his Mum) and Nenad (Phase tech), my apologies for leaving those guys out. ML gold went to Western Australia and is probably still there, but videos are not on his agenda anymore.

I’m sad to hear ML has lost the heart for making videos. I learned a lot from watching his channel and enjoyed his vibrant style.

Another channel that may be worth adding to the list is Prospecting 101 For Aussie Gold Nuggets. While production values aren’t as slick as others, holy moly he’s found some gold over the last 40 years and is willing to share how he did it. Very likable and knowledgeable chap and the channel is much more than a beep-dig-and-gloat fest that many others are guilty of.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Would love for you guys to visit my Channel on Youtube - Nuggethunting 

https://www.youtube.com/@Nuggethunting/videos

We have over 100 videos from educational, detectors info and tons of digging nugget footage.  We haven't done any new videos in some time, so would like advice on our channel and what you would like to see.  Please subscribe, like and share.  

All the gold shown and found is live footage of "real" gold nuggets being found in their original location.  We don't plant or develop phony videos to get views, like or any support in that means.  A lot of footage on the Minelab GPX, GPZ and some on the new GPX 6000.

Rob

• Like 8

Hi, my name is Anthony and I watch Jeff Williams.

OK there since no one else has openly admitted it! 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/13/2024 at 9:37 PM, GoodAmount said:

Another channel that may be worth adding to the list is Prospecting 101 For Aussie Gold Nuggets.

Joe Legendre is fighting cancer and might not be putting up videos anymore. Things are not looking good for him 😞 

• Sad 5