Which Coil(s) Do You Use On Your 6000?

I have only used the 12x7 exceed Nugget Finder coil on my gpx6000, it seems to run smooth and quiet for me. Yet very sensitive.

I have the Coiltek 10x5" and the Coiltek 14x9", and I also have the NF Xceed 12x7", without hesitation the 10x5" is my favourite, followed by the stock 11" Minelab coil.  I wish I found big enough gold around here for the 14x9", great stable coil but the 10x5" just suits the areas gold better.

• Like 1

today was my first trip for the new year.
also first time out with the new coiltec 5x10.
a new wash i was hunting  is/was someones honey hole
as evidenced by the massive amount of placering and fresh dig holes around.
the first target didn't show up for a few minutes and when it did show up in the scoop
i was having a hard time believing that the bird-shot pellet was reason for such a loud signal.

after lots more lead i did end up getting a little .33 gram bit.
also my new coil top scuff guard my mining partner got me.
i like the new coil and will go back to the 11 inch only for better coverage when needed.

20240115_151232 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Coiltek 9, ML17x13 and NF12x7. NF never comes off! ML17 I rarely use. Kind of a funny coil. Supposed to go for depth as being a big mono, but appears to just provide more ground coverage with similar performance to ML11. The 6k is generally not a depth detector IMO. I wonder if the GPZ with the NF12 would beat the 6k with the big 17 mono on depth ( I bet it easily does, probably not even need to run hot!). But that's a topic for another thread. 😁

GC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I wonder if the GPZ with the NF12 would beat the 6k with the big 17 mono on depth ( I bet it easily does, probably not even need to run hot!). But that's a topic for another thread. 😁

A result, I have between the GPZ7000 in Difficult/ General with its 14 coil to the GPX6000 in Difficult / Auto + with the 17x13 coil on an Aussie 50c coin, was the same.  

• Like 2

Having all 7 available coils at different times, I will say the Coiltek 10 x 5" is a favorite coil for its sensitivity. The 17 x 13 is no slouch even though its not far behind the 11" on multi-gram bits, just have to lower sensitivity to manual 2 or 3 to handle the ground and EMI chatter and get that smooth threshold.

• Like 1

I have not used the 10x5, but compared to the 9 round the NF 12x7 is more stable in my hands. And without significant sensitivity loss compared to the stock 11. But those are just my observations. Btw, I have no problem with edge void of the 12x7 and find this a terrific coil.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, goldenoldie said:

General with its 14 coil to the GPX6000 in Difficult / Auto + with the 17x13 coil on an Aussie 50c coin, was the same.  

Thanks. I think the difference might be more significant with gold at depth in hot soil. The ground processing of the Z is unmatched IMO, and even smaller super D coils can hear targets rather deep. 

GC