Man Do I Feel Stupid

So you were picking up the ring with the detector, what did it ring up as and how much did it weigh?

Did you ever find the faint signal item?

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

So you were picking up the ring with the detector, what did it ring up as and how much did it weigh?

Have never weighed my ring but it is 18K gold and it was giving a high low screaming tone on the Axiom, which does not have TIDs on the Axiom but was registering on the non ferrous side of the ferrous non ferrous meter around middle way up on non ferrous side, and yep it was signaling on the Axiom because I was using my left hand to run my scoop across the coil which I had a glove on both hands, which was why it never dawned on me that it was seeing my ring

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

yep if you would had read my whole thread you would have seen that I stated the faint signal ended up being a piece of wire

• Like 1

Last year while swinging a Nox 600 I was getting faint hits on almost every swing  but couldn't pin point anything. I thought for sure that there was something wrong with the detector or coil until I realized that I put on my steel-toed work boots instead of my regular boots that I normally wear. I felt so stupid but was able to extend the lower rod enough to keep detecting.

• Like 1

I came back from a detect about and got in my car to go to the next spot.  A buddy of mine flagged me down on the turn around and he said, "You backed over your detector!"  I had ... my 7000.  I was lucky that it only broke the bottom sleeve that holds the coil, and I had another coil with me.  Detector was fine and the coil was also ok.  I had forgotten to put the detector in the car ... dumb and lucky in the same event.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

10 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I came back from a detect about and got in my car to go to the next spot.  A buddy of mine flagged me down on the turn around and he said, "You backed over your detector!"  I had ... my 7000.  I was lucky that it only broke the bottom sleeve that holds the coil, and I had another coil with me.  Detector was fine and the coil was also ok.  I had forgotten to put the detector in the car ... dumb and lucky in the same event.

I would have been freaking out when I realized I had just backed over a $9000 detector, its great that it ended up the way it did but man were you very lucky to say the Least

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My very first time at the Beach, I dug to China only to find the darn drainage pipe.

• Haha 3

One of my other passions beside detecting is tournament bass fishing out of my kayak. Now one of the items that I felt was essential in any tournament is my fish finder. It is run by a small 12 volt battery. Tournament was about 300 miles from home and guess what was still on the porch back home ... YUP! The battery! I did fish the tourney without the fish finder as there wasn't a store nearby that had anything other than a big car battery. I didn't come close to winning that one but I did make the middle of the pack. In the end I was happy where I placed even if it was out of the money. i use a check list now for every trip.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I would have been freaking out when I realized I had just backed over a $9000 detector, its great that it ended up the way it did but man were you very lucky to say the Least

There was a photo floating around the internet of a guy’s 7000 with a crushed case from doing just that. 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1