AlgoForce E1500

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that everyone seems to be skating past that this machine is offering the first true 0-99 conductive target discrimination ever offered in a real PI.

How beneficial is that going to be in determining gold from any other non ferrous target?

D4G

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It is to help tell gold from nails and other ferrous trash.

Bugger. 🙄  I was hoping it might be a magic wand. So still be digging all those bullets & other non ferrous items that litter the gold fields, as per normal.

D4G

18 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Bugger. 🙄  I was hoping it might be a magic wand. So still be digging all those bullets & other non ferrous items that litter the gold fields, as per normal.

D4G

OK, now that WOULD be magical. It actually could have limited use. Like here in the states you will have a place where a person with a .22 rifle went nuts shooting at stuff. Little cartridges everywhere. They have a consistent id and you can ignore them. Of course a nugget that read like one would be missed, but odds are most nuggets would read as something else. But in general the best we nugget hunters can hope for is decent ferrous discrimination, and even it always comes with risks. When in doubt, dig it out!

• Like 8

• The title was changed to AlgoForce E1500
18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But in general the best we nugget hunters can hope for is decent ferrous discrimination, and even it always comes with risks. When in doubt, dig it out!

Yes agree. Unless cherry picking in a heavy iron infested location old habits die hard & digging all signals does/can pay off. The added bonus of removing iron junk is that next time you come by that location with a new tech detector/coil that junk isn't there any more.

It is going to be very interesting watching how this detector plays out. It will also be very interesting to how much more it increases Phrunts shotgun pellet count. 

D4G

• Haha 6

I'm doing a good service for the environment, I read birds eat them and they die! 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Nowhere does AlgoForce refer to ferrous versus non-ferrous discrimination per se. It specifically refers to the Conductive Target ID - in other words, a measurement of how conductive the target is whether ferrous or non-ferrous.

Most GBPI users have savvied to the fact that the high and low tones give a rough indication of target size. A hi or hi-lo tone usually means small or low conductive targets and a low or lo-hi tone usually means large or high conductive targets. You get ferrous either way, just small ferrous on one side and large ferrous on the other. However, in certain gold locations concentrating on hi or hi-lo tones only can be remarkably effective at cherry picking gold nuggets out of a nail pit. Most gold I find almost always gives a hi-lo tone.

Minelab employs a method where targets blank if ferrous, and Garrett the target grunts if ferrous. What makes the AlgoForce different is instead of the "this or that", "yes or no" answer of two categories you get a full range indication, which with experience should lead to more nuance in what can be dug and what can be ignored.

For more details on how pulse discrimination works see my long analysis at the thread below....

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It is for determining gold from nails and other ferrous trash.

This could be amazing for many of us with old workings littered with nails, cans and rust flakes. A stable target ID is my only upgrade wish for the Axiom, as I have found the iron check to be unreliable on its own in my areas especially when the soil is wet. Having a tid to go along with it, or in this case, Instead of iron check, could be a huge help in deciding what not to dig while working through very trashy areas. I can’t wait to see how this detector performs.