AlgoForce E1500

Love that this machine is listed on the Australian Amazon site, at  $2275  or US $1500.  I'm going to sit back and wait to see how it performs. Strong hints that small coils and small gold is the machines preference..  The price point is great as is the ability to update firmware easily in the future. As a package it looks good, very tempting...  A most welcome new addition to the game and I'm hoping it fulfills its promise as a capable alternative. At this price point it does not need to outperform it's PI competitors. But perhaps the question is at this price point should be,  who are it's competitors?

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the next Minelab managers meeting, which no doubt was called with haste the second they found out about it

Wow! $1,500 US. Nokta and Garrett managers may also be attending unscheduled meetings to address the impact on their rumored 2024 MD releases. 

It's exciting and sad at the same time. Would love to see a good pi at a price I can afford, but I also hate to see USA companies take a huge hit. 

I'm guessing FCC is going to slow the process getting them to the USA?, it could be why the omission of any wireless technology too, just makes life easier for a quicker release and isn't overly necessary, at least transmitters you can keep up to date with Bluetooth versions.

15 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm guessing FCC is going to slow the process getting them to the USA?, it could be why the omission of any wireless technology too, just makes life easier for a quicker release and isn't overly necessary, at least transmitters you can keep up to date with Bluetooth versions.

If they're already selling them, someone on this forum has to already have a test unit

Watch Minelab fight back......I could imagine them rolling out an "SD2200 V3" in a lightweight digital design and at an attractive price point. Minelab will defend all price points if their hand is forced.

In the specs....."Average power consumption is 700mA".....this is in the same league as Minelab's range of SD/GP/GPX machines. I know current is not everything when it comes to raw detecting power but it's an interesting factor.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Watch Minelab fight back......I could imagine them rolling out an "SD2200 V3" in a lightweight digital design and at an attractive price point. Minelab will defend all price points if their hand is forced.

They just put up their prices 😁, they must have had absolutely no idea this was coming.  By the time they get their SDC v3 ready everyone will be swinging their Algoforce equipped with their aftermarket coils not having to care about the SDC v3 and its chipped limited coil selection and forced Minelab branded headphones, too little too late.   First to the post gets the sales and plenty of people have been waiting for something viable to come along to jump ship.

If they rush their SDC V3 it might be more of a lemon than the early 6000's were.