What's The Most Interesting Thing You Dug While Nugget Hunting?

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

这两个地方都是中国人大量参与金矿开采的地方,我认为硬币是挂在某人脖子上的绳子什么的,也许是他们的幸运符,它被折断了,这条小溪有野生植被,很难获得从小溪底部开始,在小溪上游一英里的地方落入湖中,事实上,几乎不可能,它的路径是沿着山坡向下的,我只探测过小溪的最底部部分,并且在那里做得非常好黄金,很有趣的是看到中国矿工沿着它的边缘堆放的所有古老岩石。

这枚戒指是在中国人在距离小溪一个多小时车程的地方大量开采的另一个地区发现的,他们的洞穴小屋仍然在那里,还有他们建造的一些旧石头临时小屋,我认为它只是丢失了,尽管相当多戒指尺寸很大,手指尺寸很小,不适合我的手指,而且我的手很小。我认为这是一枚男士戒指,但男士的手很小。

that would make sense. I would be very surprised if your findings has no Chinese there earlier. 

After spending a lot of time digging through some cap rock at a depth of 2 foot plus I found this dingo trap. It was in a goanna hole that was later found burring in a few meters away. 🤢

DingoTrap.thumb.jpg.366995599318450a486c595e14443eca.jpg

Have found coins and other stuff but I liked this little Chinese opium bottle I dug out with a target. Only one I ever dug up with the top neck bit still on it not broken off.

IMG_20240205_120111_9042.thumb.jpg.cd6e93a41f297d81cdb80f0acb5715e1.jpg

1 hour ago, geof_junk said:

After spending a lot of time digging through some cap rock at a depth of 2 foot plus I found this dingo trap. It was in a goanna hole that was later found burring in a few meters away. 🤢

DingoTrap.thumb.jpg.366995599318450a486c595e14443eca.jpg

Must have really big dingos. That's a big trap.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Have found coins and other stuff but I liked this little Chinese opium bottle I dug out with a target. Only one I ever dug up with the top neck bit still on it not broken off.

IMG_20240205_120111_9042.thumb.jpg.cd6e93a41f297d81cdb80f0acb5715e1.jpg

That should be your new nugget bottle

2 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

That should be your new nugget bottle

If it was im not the type to complain. Even though im in Aus. I dont care 1 bit what size I find. In the past few years that which would fit down the opening would by 60% im happy. Again no probs as I love anything the right colour. I might try to get a picture of, ok I will, the stupid small stuff I have got that I still have.

Just remember, they will all, 100%, be bits I have detected here. 

The only thing Ive ever found that got my heart racing (besides gold) was a 5-6 foot python! I got a signal with a Tesoro Diablo 2 back in the early 90's in Western Australia...was under a big flat rock, so I wedged my pick under the rock to lift it and there was a Woma Python curled up under it...it struck out at me instantly and only missed me by inches. Needed a beer after that.... 😉 

woma.JPG

14 hours ago, Ndplumr said:

Rough neighborhood you live in! 

We live in ILLINOIS, but was out west of Denver Co, on that trip, and because of the find we had to spend an extra day. The way I understood it the body was there for about 100 years, and there was no clear cause of death.

Just another day of detecting I guess.

57 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Needed a beer after that

Only 1 beer? I think I would have broke my drinking record after that!

4 minutes ago, Ndplumr said:

Only 1 beer? I think I would have broke my drinking record after that!

....might have been 2 or 3....Actually, thinking about it, I dont actually recall digging the signal up either...could have been 5 or 6 😉