What's The Most Interesting Thing You Dug While Nugget Hunting?

5 hours ago, Aureous said:

I wedged my pick under the rock to lift it and there was a Woma Python curled up under it...it struck out at me instantly and only missed me by inches.

I would have had to have almost a quart of moonshine after that. I hate snakes and believe that the only good snake is a dead one, sorry.

A potential Anglo Saxon grave but nothing was confirmed,but later activity during house building found some activity.

A virgin civil war camp.

This happened many years ago. I don't know if it could be considered as interesting, but to me it was shocking and very traumatic. I still have nightmares and remember every detail like it was yesterday. That was the day I found.......................

NOTHING!

15 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

We live in ILLINOIS, but was out west of Denver Co, on that trip, and because of the find we had to spend an extra day. The way I understood it the body was there for about 100 years, and there was no clear cause of death.

Just another day of detecting I guess.

Did you get to keep the ring ? 😆 

You guys need to change some settings on your Detectors.  Too many of you digging up bodies! 🤔

10 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

Did you get to keep the ring ?

No!

The police treated it like any other crime scene, and it took months for them to tell us that the bones were from someone a hundred years ago.