Some Things To Take Note Of With The Algoforce

5 hours ago, dig4gold said:

I am guessing that you found no gold as you haven't posted about it, & I am sure you would have had you found some. Obviously you had a long day looking but came up empty handed on the gold. If you were hunting old past producing grounds then this detector is no miracle machine despite its cool features.

How was your shotgun pellet count? If getting pellets then there is every possibility that each one of those signals could have been a piece of gold. 

D4G

Hi. 1 dead hunt doesn't mean anything, neither does 1 good one. I got a hill which yielded wonderfully too a Vlf yrs ago. Over the years since it hasn't yielded a cracker.  

Im liking the look of this thing greatly and my buy finger is itchy, though they are sold out and there is a wait list by now I gather. Ahhh, sd2000 memories! But like anything new there is the marriage honeymoon time when its all gushy and oohs and aahs, that's human nature. I get that with this detector especially since its a new kid on the block and by all means has a good pedigree and is cleverly made. Quality too going by Woods take apart. I get too scepticism due to great fanfares on things past and todays Influencer society, and not just influencers with fish lips and face fillers telling us how wonderful the new rare deep sea cucumber face masks are, but influencers everywhere. Not saying here, I just get people being wary these days because of it. Damn, there are even anti influencers that are on the kick from companies that join forums and faceslap groups that their sole objective is to be negative about things regardless of how good they really are. I listened to a late night radio show on it and its off of the charts what is going on with products these days with influencers and anti influencers. Again not saying that about here.

There is some good info here though, though most is very early days impressions, test target, test patch, trial stuff, but still I think the E15 looks promising. I'll wait for the honeymoon period to finish, the dust to settle and gushing from the gieser to die down a bit and hope to see some in field bad ground Aussie actual runs put on the board. Having said that, I do appreciate the info put here on the 15 and the effort spent doing it. I wouldn't write it off though based upon 1 dead outing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, I'd never base a decision on if I have a skunk day or not, they're random even using the best of the best equipment and happen often! 

It's not the best detector on the market, according to price the GPZ is, yet some prefer the SDC, or the 6000, or the GPX 5000, some even prefer older GPX models, it all comes down to wants and needs.  It's a great detector for its price though, for people that are having some sort of anxiety problem this $2275 detector is somehow threatening their $9,000 AUD GPX 6000 detector, you need not worry, but it's sure not 1/4 of the detector the 6000 is like the price indicates, so perhaps you overpaid 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yup, I'd never base a decision on if I have a skunk day or not, they're random even using the best of the best equipment and happen often! 

It's not the best detector on the market, according to price the GPZ is, yet some prefer the SDC, or the 6000, or the GPX 5000, some even prefer older GPX models, it all comes down to wants and needs.  It's a great detector for its price though, for people that are having some sort of anxiety problem this $2275 detector is somehow threatening their $9,000 AUD GPX 6000 detector, you need not worry, but it's sure not 1/4 of the detector the 6000 is like the price indicates, so perhaps you overpaid 🙂

Hi, I don't own a 6000 and am not worried. Im happy to see all the info here like I said above. There was no ill intent in my reply to dig4 or you in it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And a big Thank you to Phrunt, he probably contributes more consistently good information and ideas than anyone.

Yes, true that. It is interesting following the info he is giving on the E1500 & it is giving me a good handle on it for gold here in NZ. Do I get one, or not? We are both on the same land mass so it is very good info for me. Thank you Phrunt.

D4G

• Like 4

The ideal people to buy an Algoforce are those with an earlier model GPX, a 4500 or 5000, or any of the earlier models, it will completement those detectors so very well, they can share coils and the Algo provides a lot of attributes they lack, the lighter design would be a big plus too with the tiny little light batteries.  It would give them better small gold sensitivity, and from what I've seen so far hits the difficult bits of gold the GPX models (except 6000) miss or are very weak on.  I wish they didn't call the 6000 a GPX, it's frustrating as it's not even remotely a GPX model.  Earlier GPX users will greatly benefit from its EMI handling too, they can use mono's when normally they'd need an AI coil, or if lucky a DD may work OK.

QED owners, it's a no brainer, perfect upgrade.  As I've never used a TDI I can't comment much, but it might be something they would be interested in too with its features, coil compatibility and performance along with the attractive price.  SDC owners I have no idea, never used one.

The next set of buyers would be those that don't already have a 6000 or 7000, someone looking to buy a PI, but not sure they want to spend Minelab pricing, they'll get a great detector with far less outlay.  They could also use it for other purposes, I think it's going to end up a pretty damn good dry and wet sand beach detector, and will be a very good way to use a PI for coin and jewellery hunting anywhere with it's great Target ID's and EMI handling.

GPZ owners may like it for a lighter patch hunter, it's yet to be seen how it would perform in this situation, and the Aussies will soon report on that no doubt, it may even outdo the GPZ with stock coils or official aftermarket coils on some small gold, and seeing the 12" round is the officially smallest coil for the GPZ without modifications then the Algo brings those people small coil support for a detector that doesn't cost too much more than some aftermarket 7000 coils and the Sadie to pair with it is a pretty cheap little coil too.

It's most certainly its own detector and has features and benefits that no other PI has, such as its incredibly stable Target ID's, which put most VLF's to shame from what I've seen so far.   I'll be interested how people doing all sorts of different things with detectors are able to adapt the Algo to their detecting style and the benefits it brings them.

• Like 4

I still would like to see the target ID performance on small gold nuggets in mineralized ground, say at 3-5 inch depth, compared to the Nox or Manticore. Choose any coil you like. If the Algo's ID would outperform both others it would be a buy for me (once it becomes available). This is where I personally have the biggest need.

GC

• Like 2

Since I'm primarily a relic hunter, it would be nice to see target ID on irregularly shaped objects, for example: a piece of ferrous wire vs. a piece of non-ferrous wire

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With the limited use I’ve had so far, I have found that the handle is a bit long for my liking as my hand wants to slide up the grip if I don’t squeeze it firmly enough. This can lead to tension and fatigue in the wrist and forearm. Your hand is then butting up to the  hard control pod.

To stop this I’ve done this helpful little mod to the grip. Stops my hand sliding up and can slacken off my grip on the detector..

642293A4-A638-430A-8AA7-DBBDE59AA7BC.thumb.jpeg.38b7133071a039b8fc091d9345f1356c.jpeg7E6EF0C9-1F57-4BC3-B92F-14B0C42AED26.thumb.jpeg.17879675588a103a309091a373a431b0.jpeg

• Like 9

When swinging, I find my hand feels more natural when it's resting on the bottom of the handle. That gives me about an inch and a bit of clearance to the bottom of the control box. I'll probably still put a thin layer of tennis racquet grip tape as I did the same with the 7000 and 2300. Probably got so used to the foam grips from the SD days right up to the 5000. 

• Like 5