To All Detector Manufacturers

2 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

If Lead Detector’s Nokta detector issue is with a Gold Kruzer then it may take a while. If it had been a Legend or Simplex, the problem would have been resolved in days not weeks.

It is in fact a gold kruzer, which Im thinking is a rare thing in the US. 

• Like 1

It almost seems like I'm the only one with issues with these companies.  And that's not a bad thing. I'm actually glad to hear most people have good experiences with them. If @steve herschbach would like to remove this post, I am fine with that. My issues will work themselves out, and honestly I don't want to hurt any company that does a good job for the majority of their customers.  My issues may be big misunderstandings, along with lack of communication. And I feel wrong for starting this thread.  

It's good to bring attention to problems.  I sing from the hilltops when I have one 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

It's good to bring attention to problems.  I sing from the hilltops when I have one 😉

I do agree. But when you figure out your the only one singing, you need to take a breath, and make sure you don't cause unnecessary damage over a possible misunderstanding.  Everybody has bad days and weeks. I think I've seen enough to know my issues are rare with these companies,  and this is the wrong way to deal with it.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DSMITH said:

the thing that shocked me is when I called Garrett and talked to Rusty, I ask him if they sold the Coil mounting hardware for the Axiom, Rusty stated yes they do but you probably will not like the price of them, LOL so I asked how much are those three little pieces, thinking they cannot be much over $5-$8, Rusty kind of laughed, and states those three little parts are like $33.99, I said are you kidding me or what and i said are they made of gold LOL Rusty stated that's what they are charging for that one bolt and two little rubber washers, (i could not believe it), then a few days later I get a package from Garrett and Rusty had sent me a set of the coil mounting hardware one bolt and two rubber washes, Needless to say I have those three little parts in my safe so I do not loose them

For small cost items items they have most likely have a minimum transaction fee. It would not be worth their time to have someone processing  $5.00 transactions all day long. Consider how many people loose those little nuts and bolts and how many calls they get on them...so charging 33 bucks is how they can make it worth their while...Im my business I have people calling me all the time for little things 7 days a week so I charge accordingly..they can pay and continue to call or not..its their decision.... and truthfully it is still not worth it to me but I do it as a service to my customers... this is just customer service stuff

Now here is how you get ripped off by a business.....you go into a restaurant that makes burritos place an order to go and then wonder why it costs so much...checking the receipt you see that they charged you $5.00 for a 16 ounce soda...fool me once lol

strick 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lead Detector said:

It almost seems like I'm the only one with issues with these companies.  And that's not a bad thing. I'm actually glad to hear most people have good experiences with them. If @steve herschbach would like to remove this post, I am fine with that. My issues will work themselves out, and honestly I don't want to hurt any company that does a good job for the majority of their customers.  My issues may be big misunderstandings, along with lack of communication. And I feel wrong for starting this thread.  

You are vastly overestimating the power of a single thread to have any effect for the positive or negative. I’m sorry for the issues you are having, but the reality of this thread is that it will soon lose steam and fade into the background like all the other threads posted here over the last decade. Look at reviews on Amazon, glowing reviews, horrible reviews… the companies in general survive it all just fine. The best companies are like people, they make mistakes, but if they have decent product and decent service overall they will do fine. Nobody bats 100% and in life you don’t have to. Just get it right most of the time. And yes, both Garrett and Nokta are generally noted for their exceptional service, not the other way around. So rest assured and lose no sleep thinking you are somehow going to bring any company down with a single thread. That would take every member posting a litany of issues for a year or two, and other sites reflecting the same. When I look at Amazon reviews I don’t pay attention to single reviews, I look at aggregate results and most of us do the same.

In my experience in the detector world a company that builds product that really makes the finds can crap all over its customers for years anyway and it makes little difference. People will complain, but still be first to line up for their next super duper whiz bang detector. As long as people believe in a companies products they can get away with almost anything in other aspects of the business. If you have the choice between being the company making the best detectors but having the worst service, or being the company that makes the third best detectors but has great service, it’s the first option that will probably get the most sales. Sad but true. This is because for the vast majority of us, detectors need no service. You buy them, they work. Problems overall are far fewer than you’d imagine by looking at the internet. I’d guess based on my own sales experience that less than 1% of detector purchasers overall have any manufacturer related issues at all with their detector.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, strick said:

For small cost items items they have most likely have a minimum transaction fee. It would not be worth their time to have someone processing  $5.00 transactions all day long. Consider how many people loose those little nuts and bolts and how many calls they get on them...so charging 33 bucks is how they can make it worth their while...Im my business I have people calling me all the time for little things 7 days a week so I charge accordingly..they can pay and continue to call or not..its their decision.... and truthfully it is still not worth it to me but I do it as a service to my customers... this is just customer service stuff

Now here is how you get ripped off by a business.....you go into a restaurant that makes burritos place an order to go and then wonder why it costs so much...checking the receipt you see that they charged you $5.00 for a 16 ounce soda...fool me once lol

strick 

Well I will agree with you but here is the thing when someone is also purchasing a coil or had just purchased a coil, that cost rite at $400 that should be taken into account when quoting the price of something, that cost pennies to manufacture also

Which I  had just placed an order also for a coil for the Axiom and my order had not even shipped out yet, those three little pieces could have been put in a zip lock bag and thrown in the same box that the coil came in , for me personally a new coil bolt and the two rubber washers should be included in the cost of each new coil, and some manufactures do include the coil mounting hardware and some do not Garrett just happens to be one that does not, (which is ok) but those three little parts should not cost $33, I do not care how much of an inconvenience it is to ship little parts $33 is beyond ridiculous in my opinion it should be part of the service when you have spent a few thousand dollars on equipment from a manufacture

again i do appreciate it that Rusty went ahead and sent me those so I have an extra one, luckily I have never lost a coil bolt or the two little rubber washers off of any of my detectors but there is a first for everything, and I am sure there are some that have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Well I will agree with you but here is the thing when someone is also purchasing a coil or had just purchased a coil, that cost rite at $400 that should be taken into account when quoting the price of something, that cost pennies to manufacture also

Which I  had just placed an order also for a coil for the Axiom and my order had not even shipped out yet, those three little pieces could have been put in a zip lock bag and thrown in the same box that the coil came in , for me personally a new coil bolt and the two rubber washers should be included in the cost of each new coil, and some manufactures do include the coil mounting hardware and some do not Garrett just happens to be one.

Crazy I did not know that Garrett does not supply the coil bolt and washers with their new coils if you order just the coil nor do they supply a coil cover if I’m reading all this right.. haven’t bought a Garrett detector in a long time...just the pin pointers thanks for the heads up. 

Strick

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You are vastly overestimating the power of a single thread

You got that right on the money! I just checked their stock prices, and they both doubled since my original post. That sure didn't go as planned.🤔 And then, Rusty responded to my email today with a detailed response,  which clearly showed he took the time to read and understand my complaint thoroughly,  and answered with complete sincerity.  Makes me want to buy him a beer and add him to my Xmas list. That guy's good. I'm guessing he's ex CIA, to pull that 180 off. THEN,to top it all off, I received a tracking # from nokta today. Looks like my master plan to bankrupt these 2 major players has been spoiled for sure. 🤣 I'll really need a better plan before I try that again! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5