AlgoForce Coils...... Bundled Or Spiral?

I was just curious to know if the AlgoForce runs bundled or spiral coils optimally?

I know it's early days to know definitively but is it safe to assume that the AlgoForce isn't too fussy in coil configuration.

I know there is mention of the older Gold Search coils working well as do the Evo line of coils (Spiral). I guess this leads to whether either of these coil formats would be best in hotter ground?

Thanks for any feedback.

I only own 3 mono coils that I use with my GP3500.......my all time favourites.

Monos.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I was just curious to know if the AlgoForce runs bundled or spiral coils optimally?

I know it's early days to know definitively but is it safe to assume that the AlgoForce isn't too fussy in coil configuration.

I know there is mention of the older Gold Search coils working well as do the Evo line of coils (Spiral). I guess this leads to whether either of these coil formats would be best in hotter ground?

Thanks for any feedback.

It's not to fussy what coil you put on.  One thing I've noticed with the coils that I've tried is the bundle coils don't need to be calibrated but the spiral coils do. Just my observations.

I'm not sure about the larger coils , I wasn't all that impressed with the ones I tried. I think it's better suited with small to medium coils.

• Like 5

The spiral wound coils in most cases have more sensitivity than a smaller sized bundle wound and more depth over a next size larger bundle wound coil, but these coils do hear more ground effects from mineralization. When Bruce Candy came up with the smooth timings on the GPX legacy detectors, spiral wound coils really took off.

The spiral wound coils exceptional sensitivity ia probably why Coiltek and NF primarily make spiral wound coils now.
Coiltek even claims 30% deeper over traditional winding.

In hotter ground conditions you will most likely have to lower gain with a spiral wound coil to compensate for the ground conditions in contrast to where a bundle wound would be able to run a higher gain.

Imho I would think the Sadie did not have enough room for the spiral windings, so NF ended up making it bundle wound. I would pick a 12x8 spiral wound Evo over the Sadie unless I needed the smaller size for rocky terrains.

• Like 5

Having a ball with the Evo 12 on the E1500, picks up scraps/dinks/flakes at depth and larger. Tis relatively lightweight being mono, easy to swing, am using it with a lightweight Kings 10000mah battery. There is additional ground noise over the bundle wound Sadie as is expected from a spiral and larger diameter coil but the E1500 with the new firmware has fast/precise as GB. We are spoilt with so many coil options out there to suit so many different grounds and user preferences. Back to the old before coil chips, is really Back to the Future and I`m soaking in it😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Norvic said:

Having a ball with the Evo 12 on the E1500, picks up scraps/dinks/flakes at depth and larger. Tis relatively lightweight being mono, easy to swing, am using it with a lightweight Kings 10000mah battery. There is additional ground noise over the bundle wound Sadie as is expected from a spiral and larger diameter coil but the E1500 with the new firmware has fast/precise as GB. We are spoilt with so many coil options out there to suit so many different grounds and user preferences. Back to the old before coil chips, is really Back to the Future and I`m soaking in it😉

Hi. Is that the Evo 12 round you are using? 

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Thanks for any feedback.

I only own 3 mono coils that I use with my GP3500.......my all time favourites.

Monos.jpg

That old 18 you have, we used to call it the floppy disc as it could wobble a bit due to a kind of lightweight construction. First run of them used to crack near the ears. Second run were a little beefed up in that area. Were a marvelous coil at the time. Much better than the rubbish bin lids in operation. Sorry can't answer your question but it brought back good memories seeing it in your picture 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

It's not to fussy what coil you put on.  One thing I've noticed with the coils that I've tried is the bundle coils don't need to be calibrated but the spiral coils do. Just my observations.

I'm not sure about the larger coils , I wasn't all that impressed with the ones I tried. I think it's better suited with small to medium coils.

There is a large variation in coil resistance between bundle and flat-wound coils. I'm guessing that this is what is being adjusted for via calibration.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Taz said:

Hi. Is that the Evo 12 round you are using? 

Yes 12" round. For patch hunting I prefer round as I believe they give the best depth for weight.

• Like 3

In theory it should handle coils better than the detector they were designed for as it calibrates to the coil so slightly out of whack coils can work better than they normally would.

All good posts above though.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to AlgoForce Coils...... Bundled Or Spiral?
5 hours ago, Norvic said:

Yes 12" round. For patch hunting I prefer round as I believe they give the best depth for weight.

Im with you on the rounds any day. Never been a fan of elliptical coils for that same reason, depth. 

• Like 2