Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

On 2/23/2024 at 12:14 PM, Norvic said:

On 2/22/2024 at 2:39 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Some people might see a company that is very willing to listen to new customer feedback and immediately implement suggestions as a good thing.

Tried to edit my reply but it came to a halt.

Absolutely listening to feedback is great like I said. Im not sure here at times who is answering who as often there is no tag in @  wise to know who's replying to who here. Maybe your reply is to me, or someone else. If not me I apologise and disregard my reply to you. 

If its to me ill elaborate on my previous post. Again its Great Updates are offered like I stated in my other post.

But. There has always been a disconnect here in OZ, others from other countries may not see that, with detector's made and the end result, resulting in fixes, diy and all kinds of things. These, Im well aware you know thus from your own vast experience, are not toys, they are expensive high end gear. Even the E15 though cheaper than others is still up there and eyed by pros, not me as an expensive bit of kit. Add a good power bank or two, coil or two if you are coming off of VLFs or stepping into the game of PI and Aussie your looking at 3g! 

I look at it this way. Why do I need if I buy a high powered rifle worth that, need to ask anyone what is the best gaffer tape to hold the magazine in place? Or why if I buy a new top line Shimano game reel and rod need to ask on a fishing forum what others do to stop the reel moving about in the reel seat or the the handle wobbling! See, this is over and over and over with detectors and shows something not quite right. Shafts that slip, battery packs that move and need double side Velcro tape. Simple operation that needs adjusting. etc etc...There is and I stand by my statement here too, a big disconnect between the manufacturers and field testers and the end result for users. These are not huge asks. They are simple things that are fixed by everyday people who should not after spending thousands have to do so. So what happens afterwards!? Well, the initial guinea pig users come up with the fixes and the manufacturer then implements them more or less. Then!? Those later down the track gain by it. The manufacturer gains by it too. The initial buyers who helped with all that? They can console themselves as they look at their double sided velcro tape, glue and gaffer tape that they helped the manufacturer and others that benefitted by their ideas. 

• Like 5

When I post I am always posting to everyone, not anyone in particular, unless I am quoting somebody in particular.

People with concerns about new product should not buy them for 6 months or a year. Every metal detector of worth released in the last decade has had not just one but often many updates. My iPhone and PC get monthly updates. Cars get recalled. I ran a service department for a large company for years and the list is endless. Be the first owner of a completely new boat, snowmobile or ATV models at your peril.

Anybody with concerns about the E1500 should simply wait and not buy one until sufficient time has passed for the earliest owners to find and report issues. That's the way it is with XP, Minelab, Fisher, Garrett.... all of them. Is that right? Should things not be better? Yeah, the list of things in the world that are disappointing and need fixing is endless. Just add all new product vetting and releases to that list.

I was and I guess still am pretty excited by this new game in town but frankly find a lot of the commentary about how disappointed people are about various aspects of it to be a bit of a bummer so I'm going to check out of the conversation. When I get one and have at least 100 hours of use I'll probably drop back in with my impressions. Until then, may everyone's pockets fill with gold. :smile:

• Like 7

You got me Taz, like Steve my review wasn`t a reply to anyone's particular post was rather simply my current review of the E1500. I always jump in and get a new gold detector, some times it works out and they pay for themselves quickly and other times I sell them 2nd hand at a loss. The E1500 is well on its way to staying with the 6K and Z in my armory it has basically replaced the excellent Axiom.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think concerns about battery movement are being a little exaggerated largely by those that have never touched the detector

Yep I agree.  I've had no problems with battery movement. When a cover is available it will eliminate any concerns. Out of sight out of mind. LOL 😆 

I made one out of a neoprene drink cooler,  nice tight fit and works a treat.20240207_092606.thumb.jpg.509390c60f986778d9caf7afb013ce5b.jpg20240207_092640.thumb.jpg.fa3c1fa862b8f0297045ca816a484536.jpg

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Do you have it going USB C to USB C, Simon?

This cord is USB C to USB C although I don't like it being flat so I'm not going to be using it, I just fitted it for the photo to demonstrate how a right-angle cord is better than the standard cord, it's not as strong as I'd like and prefer a rounded cable with an outer sheath.  My next cord should arrive early next week and it will be the way to go, I think.

This is the next one I've bought to try. Wider compatibility with power banks this way.

cABLE.jpg.81cf63d82c5e51f7f7368242a0dc178c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

USB-C to USB-C on the AlgeSauce ?

Am I missing something here.....haven't had my morning coffee yet.

What is the battery connection format into the detector ?

54 minutes ago, Tony said:

USB-C to USB-C on the AlgeSauce ?

Am I missing something here.....haven't had my morning coffee yet.

No, that was a demonstration of the right-angle cables being far tidier, I'm doing a 25cm USB A (right angle) to C (straight) as the cable of choice, but it won't be here for a few days.  I've got a few cables on their way to work out which I like best, seeing they're only a couple of bucks each.

The Algo is USB-C, but you have to ensure the USB-C end for the detector is a straight plug, only wanting the right-angle on the powerbank end.

My Belkin is cool though, 

• Triple Charging Ports: Belkin Boost Up Charge 20,000mAh USB-C Power Bank features three charging outputs (2x USB-A ports and 1x USB-C port), so you can replenish multiple devices at once.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Taz said:

the initial guinea pig users come up with the fixes

Lucky for us, we got our terrific Guinea Pigs @phrunt @Norvic  and @Nedkelly doing the hard yards for us and Algoforce. As Steve said, wait a few months with all new manufacturer products so that others can iron out the bugs and offer solutions. Its absolutely wonderful that a new company is so keen to offer solutions, bug fixes and repairs with swift responses. Because of this, maybe the 6 month wait is unnecessary with the E1500? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1