Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

I wonder if there will be future E1500 models. We all know Minelab rolled out all of those SD > GP > GPX models with incremental changes. Can't all of these changes be done with firmware updates which may incorporate timing choices, etc. If the ergonomic and fundamental design of the E1500 is solid then do we need physically new models. Maybe a firmware fee for users is possible. Would revenue dry up if they didn't sell future physical new models which could then hold back R&D for major firmware changes. It does present a difficult conundrum.

• Like 3

I have a feeling they'd do it more like the Legend, with software updates suitable for this model being done to it, anything major like doing blanking discrimination with DD coil support, waterproofing for the beach hounds all becoming features for the future E2500.  They've already said to me they intend to do another model in the future, so this is only the beginning, and off to a very good start if you ask me.

All the retirees that wanted to take up looking for gold cruising Australia in their caravans can now buy a husband and wife pair of detectors without really destroying their retirement fund, and go have some fun finding some gold knowing they've got a pretty decent detector to do so.   My biggest concern as it starts to take off is GPX coil availability, however Coiltek have said they're ready to roll so it will be Sadies and EVO's in short supply more than anything as NF can't keep up with anything.  The second-hand market is always an option though.

The pro's armed with both the 7000 and 6000 and a bunch of other gear may not find one that beneficial, unless some attribute of it is useful to them like a 7000 being heavy and needing a lighter swinger for covering miles, assuming it can handle the variable grounds well enough, I hope someone does that testing soon, or at least tells us all how it went, as I'm sure by now someones using one there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I`m chaffing at the bit, the wets back but the 8 days I got out there were a bonus. About Guinea Pigs..... 😉 no great breeder here, by far in my years being an early adopter has been very profitable, so it`s been a case of the early bird gets the worm. Manufacturers have field testers, and I`ve not experienced any problem with a detectors performance yet, thus I take my hat off to those field testers, tis a no-brainer to be an early adopter for me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Norvic,

Which are you ... easy, clever or good?  haha

I know you are good.  Your results prove that.

I know you are clever.  You find the good in each of the new detectors you try.

I don't know if you are easy on the manufacturers, but I know they pay attention to what you say.  I pay attention.  You make yourself easy to understand.

So, you are all three in my book.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crikey my hat wont fit me now, JPs hat wont fit him coz I finally admitted he does a top job but the truth is like most of us, we have a lifetime handicap .... Gold Fever..... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

On 2/25/2024 at 12:55 PM, Aureous said:

Lucky for us, we got our terrific Guinea Pigs @phrunt @Norvic  and @Nedkelly doing the hard yards for us and Algoforce. As Steve said, wait a few months with all new manufacturer products so that others can iron out the bugs and offer solutions. Its absolutely wonderful that a new company is so keen to offer solutions, bug fixes and repairs with swift responses. Because of this, maybe the 6 month wait is unnecessary with the E1500? 

Not sure what your response is to me, humour or sarcasm.

But im in. Algo orderd, battery pack just a day or two away, battery movement issue I reckon another order I have on the way, and a coil too. All will arrive within a week then I wait 3 to 4 for the detector.

Hey to you and to others living here in central Vic, stay safe tomorrow with our Catastrophic fire warnings. We are 30km away from the huge blaze, last week we had a worry just 3km from us. Phew they got it out. Our power was out and it was scary. We live with big eucalyptus forests all around us. I hope you and all others here in OZ are safe and if it gets bad, stay well and all the best for you. Our place is a serious worry. 

To you and all the other Aussies in Central Vic, stay safe and take care 👍

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Taz said:

Hey to you and to others living here in central Vic, stay safe tomorrow with our Catastrophic fire warnings. We are 30km away from the huge blaze, last week we had a worry just 3km from us. Phew they got it out.

Know that feeling, our house was across the road from a bunch of decimated houses in SE Queensland, the road was the barrier that saved ours.  In the end the termites got it though, probably would have been better off the fire, at least insurance covers that 🙂  In saying all that, a year or two later my car was drowned in a flood while parked at my workplace that came on so quickly, we had no hope of saving our cars while trying to save the hundreds of thousands in computer gear, and insurance didn't cover my car either, so I hightailed it out of there.  

Which battery did you end up choosing? I wouldn't worry too much if it has bevelled edges, it just takes more effort to do it up securely, minor problem really.  I don't care about variable ground here, however I'd really like to know how it goes in that situation, as really, that's the main question mark over it at the moment, that and larger target depth, also something I'm unfortunately not all that concerned about.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Know that feeling, our house was across the road from a bunch of decimated houses in SE Queensland, the road was the barrier that saved ours.  In the end the termites got it though, probably would have been better off the fire, at least insurance covers that 🙂  In saying all that, a year or two later my car was drowned in a flood while parked at my workplace that came on so quickly, we had no hope of saving our cars while trying to save the hundreds of thousands in computer gear, and insurance didn't cover my car either, so I hightailed it out of there.  

Which battery did you end up choosing? I wouldn't worry too much if it has bevelled edges, it just takes more effort to do it up securely, minor problem really.  I don't care about variable ground here, however I'd really like to know how it goes in that situation, as really, that's the main question mark over it at the moment, that and larger target depth, also something I'm unfortunately not all that concerned about.

Hi mate. Im going for the Evo 12 round coil. I have a longer shaft which I kept from my 5000. That ill use for sure as im tall and always found minelab shafts too short and was always stooping which is a proverbial pain in the back. I found the 12 round a killer coil on the 5000. Im not a fan of eliptical. Id rather go slower with a super sens round than an elliptical. But hey, we all have our likes. I searched and searched battery packs. Your Poseidon Dark is good in ways, but I dont need the knife thing which I think bumps it up by about 70 bucks in my mind. I searched for the battery without it but came up zeros. I have been a product reviewer for a particular battery powered device, devices I should say, which I wont mention here, for about 6 yrs. And no, not an influencer, was offered that but declined. Iv done them warts n all for the Chinese distributor just on forums where people know me personally. Many often said, "oh you aint gonna last long" as the majority give glowing reviews to utter crap just to stay in the game. I could have made money but I didn't want to and just chose to be honest and my only gain is I keep the gear. I believe my reviews help people and thats all I care about. So, the 12 round. Given its weight, I know Nitecore batteries and chargers very well. There is a Nitecore 20,000 mah as light as the Poseidon Dark 10,000. The Nitecore Carbo. And has Ip rating. But. As much as I like much of their other stuff, im not convinced from contact with others that it is tough enough. Also to me its under weight to counter balance the 12". I want Ip rating. Now I know that Ip goes down the drain when the charge port is exposed, many devices I have reviewed are IP rated, but they have the port sealed when in use and only open when charging. So, till im convinced otherwise about units, I went for the Cygnet Outback 20,000. I wanted its construction that is dust and other proof. The open charge ports ill seal myself and it will be just the business end one in use open. Minimising dust exposure. I may find better later but thats my start. I hear of battery movement. I have ordered 2mm adhesive closed cell Neoprene to put above and below the battery. I believe this will give grip and cushioning to it. No plastic on plastic slip and allow it to embed into it keeping it in place. I use and fitted the same brand on my cars armrests to soften things up. No memory and its as good today as it was 3 years ago. I ordered a good matt finish tablet screen protector too which I have used for several detector screens in the past. Causes zero issues with press buttons and no glare issues. So im pretty confident that will all do the job I want them to do. Screen one I know it does for sure. And the adhesive Neoprene lasts. I did search and search for better straps. My choice was for, cant recall right now the exact name if the thing they are made of, but similar to the rubber straps on diving masks. There is one that lasts well but I couldn't find them that I believed would fit. I had similar holding down a rear tool kit on an old motorbike I once had. That too would I believe eliminate any movement and add grip to the battery.

So thats it. I think what im getting and ordered will do the job. Just a waiting game for the E15. I guess some may think iv been over critical, I don't feel I have been, im just being me. Cheers mate. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Taz said:

Not sure what your response is to me, humour or sarcasm.

Just a general reply, thanking the others for their feedback, tests and trials so we don't have to 'do the hard yards' ourselves. They should all be awarded the 'Order of the gold guinea pig, 1st class' for their efforts 😉