Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Everything ready but the Algo.

I just bought one of the little Cygnett solar charged battery packs a week ago.  Hopefully not too heavy for the Algo and should balance your NF coil nicely.  Is that a 12"? 

I didn't buy mine for an Algo, just for camping.  Was $100 at Office Works but they price matched a deal that Anaconda had at $70. 

Need to get some of those little USB plugs to fill the gaps of the other ports whilst it is on your Algo 👍

• Like 2

The Algo is going to be coming with the USB port covers, I would think by the time the next batch of Algo's are ready they will have them included.  The manufacturer saw that I was using them and thought that it would be a helpful idea to include them with detectors for people.

• Like 7

On 3/5/2024 at 9:51 PM, Northeast said:

I just bought one of the little Cygnett solar charged battery packs a week ago.  Hopefully not too heavy for the Algo and should balance your NF coil nicely.  Is that a 12"? 

I didn't buy mine for an Algo, just for camping.  Was $100 at Office Works but they price matched a deal that Anaconda had at $70. 

Need to get some of those little USB plugs to fill the gaps of the other ports whilst it is on your Algo 👍

Hi mate. Yes the 12" evo round. Lighter colour than the original ones and told is just on 2mm thicker than the original. My choice of that charger was based upon some dust proofing Ip rating and the weight. Its just over 500 gram, so given the 12" is similar weight and I'll be using a longer stem which will put the leverage towards front end weight im thinking they should match up with just a bit front end weight difference. If i need I can add some weight either end with some flattened fishing sinkers, more so the rear. The power banks solar side of things is pretty sensitive, though I doubt ill ever use it to charge. But just sitting on my dining room table the green light lights up and the blue one cycle showing charge. Haha, though it would probably take weeks sitting there to really do anything inside. I did notice using a 2 amp charger and the micro that it took ages to charge to full when I got it. I put the C cable on it, the 2 amp and it got too warm/hot for my liking. Which is why I got the 3 amp qualicom with all the protections to use the C charge lead. Run some power out of the bank, put the 3amp and C on it. Much much less warmth from the charger. All good. Suppose the wait right now for the Algo doesn't matter right now as the heat where I am is relentless, been in the 30s for several weeks and now facing around 40c the next few days. No relief in sight so far. Still id like to have it right now as I have diggings right out the back of us so I could walk out and do a couple of hrs early morning before it heats up. Good luck mate 👍

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Taz said:

though I doubt ill ever use it to charge

Yes, handy but very slow.  

Micro USB is 2.0 amp input. 

USB-C is 3.0 amp input. 

Solar is just 0.3 amp input.  Days of sunlight to fully charge that! 

Hope the Algo is there soon 👍

On 3/9/2024 at 2:25 PM, Northeast said:

Yes, handy but very slow.  

Micro USB is 2.0 amp input. 

USB-C is 3.0 amp input. 

Solar is just 0.3 amp input.  Days of sunlight to fully charge that! 

Hope the Algo is there soon 👍

Mate iv gone from eating popcorn to near falling asleep now. 😄 

tenor(10).gif.7c07cba6687abac58ab9798d900ea1fc.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They really need to roll out more detectors very soon......easy to lose momentum after the initial rush and the chance another player enters the market. How many in the initial batch ??? Sounds like they could have sold a few hundred in the first week. It's clearly a solid product and maybe Algoforce should have backed themselves more by launching with a lot more initial units.

Considering that there is at least 100 of them out there, the reports have been scant. Those reports I have seen have emphasised the ergonomics, and cheap price, but not much else.

My guess is that if you came in to an area behind anything more recent that a 4500, your chances would be limited, at best.

There are currently 2 here in Victoria for sale second hand at the moment, that I know of.

I really hoped that this would be something special, with auto ground tracking, given the pedigree of the maker. Maybe future models will be!

Rick

1 hour ago, araratgold said:

Considering that there is at least 100 of them out there, the reports have been scant. Those reports I have seen have emphasised the ergonomics, and cheap price, but not much else.

My guess is that if you came in to an area behind anything more recent that a 4500, your chances would be limited, at best.

There are currently 2 here in Victoria for sale second hand at the moment, that I know of.

I really hoped that this would be something special, with auto ground tracking, given the pedigree of the maker. Maybe future models will be!

Rick

Another 2. That's three then so far in Victoria. Well we'll see how it goes on my smashed patches if it can pull anything else off of them. When I get it that is 😴 

You guys sure are suffering from “ new release anxiety complex” . Personally I have yet to swing my Algo in anger. It’s been too hot for me to consider a 7 hour drive to gold country atm. I’m heading over at Easter, so if anyone is anxious it should be me.

Also, not everyone with gold detectors gets on a social media platform and reports their experiences to the world..... perhaps 1% might be inclined. So don’t let this fact be a reflection or otherwise on the potential of a new detector.

The best way to evaluate anything new is to try it yourself.... that’s what I plan to do. You will then have my appraisal. 🤔

• Thanks 2