Total Solar Eclipse

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Latest 2024 solar eclipse updates: Cloud forecast; how to get glasses (usatoday.com) 

I'm having trouble lately with copy and paste of a URL?  Does anyone else notice?

There are going to be lots of clouds for the Eclipse it seems.  It could change my plans.

The link copy and paste issue is a byproduct of increased security measures we’ve had to take in response to massive uptick in spammers’ attempts to circumvent detection of spam related links.  So we’ve disabled the ability to simply cut and paste embedded html code to posts.  Unfortunately, the price is less convenience for our legitimate forum members. 😕

We are going to Safford to look for fire agates and Saffordites and then on to Carlsbad Caverns.  Then if it is clear some place we will attempt to get there with all the others.

On 2/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, mn90403 said:

My original plan was to go to Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas but they made it very difficult to make reservations and I cancelled those plans.

I was thinking the same thing as I always wanted to go there. But I suspect the weather may be bad for both activities. 

On 4/1/2024 at 10:31 AM, mn90403 said:

Latest 2024 solar eclipse updates: Cloud forecast; how to get glasses (usatoday.com) 

I'm having trouble lately with copy and paste of a URL?  Does anyone else notice?

There are going to be lots of clouds for the Eclipse it seems.  It could change my plans.

You have to click on the little chain link on the top row of function icons on your edit box and paste the link into there, you can give it a name also, you can't do it the previous way of just pasting links.  Still works a treat, and not much harder to do.

I was copy and pasting from this darn Edge browser.  Then I was clicking on the info box and saying copy link.  It would post the same inactive link.  Then I had to email to myself and copy the url from that link ... sometimes it didn't work.

Crazy hoops to get a URL up.

Now the prediction is for clear skies on Monday for the area!  Let's hope.

Mitchel, you are right. Looks like we get a sunny window between the rains on Sunday and Tuesday. That’ll be great!

If anyone here wants a local weather forecast for the eclipse on Monday the 8th and want to save $18 for their premium membership, send me your location and I’ll send you a screenshot of your area for free. I subscribed to Windy.com and it provides a very good set of prediction models for up to 10 days ahead.

Hey Mitchel,

We probably better stop posting about it, I think we’re jinxing it. More clouds are coming through shortly after noon…

IMG_2070.thumb.jpeg.c66252fdee01a8c13f1e90953322b39d.jpeg

I haven't looked.

We hunted Saffordites all day and enjoyed it.  We got a few.

On to Deming tomorrow and the museum for geodes and Carlsbad Caverns.

We started our morning with low clouds and high ones, then it was fog.  I changed my location from Gatesville to Hillsboro and we had a great time in the downtown square.  The skies changed to partly cloudy and added character to the viewing.

I haven't reviewed my pictures yet but I'll post a couple when I get back to California.