They Stopped For Lunch, But Did They Find Any Gold?

Looks like that was a can full of liquid of some type.

• Like 2

It is amazing to me because of where I have lived all of my life, that a can old enough to have been vacuumed sealed with a solder dot is in such wonderful condition. I am assuming that it was found outside, not somewhere protected from the elements.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JCR said:

It is amazing to me because of where I have lived all of my life, that a can old enough to have been vacuumed sealed with a solder dot is in such wonderful condition. I am assuming that it was found outside, not somewhere protected from the elements.

Found right where it lays in the picture.  It was on top of the ground as if just tossed there the day before. Some others near by , but half buried.  

• Like 1

I see those quite often.  Sometimes by the hundreds.

I believe the ones with the knife punches like that, are most often evaporated or condensed milk.  Which I've been told was popular to put on rice (a staple, along with beans), to sex it up a little.

20150410_SW%20Utah_GTT-747W.jpg

- Dave

• Like 7

Surprised it hasn't at least been smashed.  My question is:  were you able to detect at this spot?  That's a great indicator for coins and relics, maybe more.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Surprised it hasn't at least been smashed.  My question is:  were you able to detect at this spot?  That's a great indicator for coins and relics, maybe more.

Spent a couple hrs in that area, mostly on bedrock.  As soon as it dries up a bit, I'll be back to explore alot more. It's close to home, so it's easy to go there almost any time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UT Dave said:

I see those quite often.  Sometimes by the hundreds.

I believe the ones with the knife punches like that, are most often evaporated or condensed milk.  Which I've been told was popular to put on rice (a staple, along with beans), to sex it up a little.

20150410_SW%20Utah_GTT-747W.jpg

- Dave

Also used to be popular laced in tomato soup . . .

• Like 1

Pretty quiet detecting at this spot, so I decided to dig some holes and do a couple test pans. 1 piece of shiny fly poop. Well, at least my first gold didn't set the bar too high 😂

• Like 1