Garrett Storm?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Lama said:

Ну, это согласуется с тем, что говорил русский парень, я отправил фотографию парню из киноиндустрии, чтобы проверить, не отфотошоплена ли она.

I think it's user creativity, but it looks interesting)

Here ya go...Screenshot_20240402_133936_Brave.thumb.jpg.1ef463b6c16f483ea088dcbe4fbbf49f.jpg

But I think that's an Axiom. 🤔

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Поехали...Screenshot_20240402_133936_Brave.thumb.jpg.1ef463b6c16f483ea088dcbe4fbbf49f.jpg

Но я думаю, что это аксиома. 🤔

Garrett did the right thing, why invent a bike when there is a great platform, just change the electronics. From a business point of view, this is a rational decision.

I think that's just a doctored image someone thinks it will look like that? 

It would be too heavy for a VLF with that design would it not? 

On 4/1/2024 at 10:30 AM, George Kinsey said:

April Fools. 🙃

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think that's just a doctored image someone thinks it will look like that? 

It would be too heavy for a VLF with that design would it not? 

Maybe not.  Look at the tip of the coil.  To PhotoShop a moving image like that with the detector name isn't easy. 

The video is professional looking and Garrett is known for putting $$ into promotional videos so this could be the real deal. 

It also would make sense for Garrett to use the Axiom body though.  I beach hunt with my Axiom on occasion and weight is not an issue for me but I am curious about the weight.

Fun to speculate, isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Maybe not.  Look at the tip of the coil.  To PhotoShop a moving image like that with the detector name isn't easy. 

That video effect is trivial to accomplish these days.  Even by amateurs with hobby grade tools.  That one isn't even done very carefully - the masking artifacts and haloing are easy to see.  But I don't think it was meant to fool anyone either, it's obviously just an effect.  That coil ain't really flying around anywhere :laugh:.

It is fun to speculate!

- Dave

The video looks decent in HD.

Hmmmm.... interesting. It would make sense to leverage the very expensive development cost of that housing into more than one model. And personally I'm tired of pod on a stick designs, which are generally nose heavy enough that I find the well balanced Axiom to be no less strain to swing all day, even if it is heavier. A nice thing might be if it does have a color screen etc. it might also be mated to a week long battery in that housing instead of the short day battery you get with something smaller like a Manticore.

What I find interesting is that if it was just an Axiom slapped into the video that's one thing, but this was done up with the detail of the cable being run internally up the rod. Nice touch if it is a fake, but if it is a fake, why bother? To fool Steve H? Don't know and I have no inside knowledge but it's not an impossibility.

Better screenshot....

garrett-storm-metal-detector.jpg

If that is it, i like the looks of the setup. But we all know looks don't win the dance contest. I have a feeling Garrett knows what's at stake  though with this release. If it doesn't at least compete with what's already out there, i can't see it going well.