Garrett Storm?

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

Удивительно, как эти русские всегда добиваются утечки информации первыми. Если он прав, похоже, это будет потрясающе. 1200 долларов за версию для наушников, 870 долларов за базовую. Версия для наушников должна поставляться с большим количеством катушек или чем-то еще, чтобы стоить намного дороже, если только перевод цены не был неправильным.

Похоже, что в экран встроена технология Whites V3i. GPS-картография, водонепроницаемость, больший контроль над используемыми частотами, треугольный фонарик, излучающий больше света, вибрация, батарея на 19 часов.,

Я думаю, мы узнаем 5 апреля, прав ли он, и если это так, я думаю, это будет очень популярно.

The rod of the deus type is triangular in shape. Magnetic charger. The coil wire in the rod is like that of the 3030. the screen is colored. The Bust mode for clean ground is up to 40 percent power. Sim card. Detection frequencies 2-100

That confirms what I've heard: high-end multifrequency with color display. From what I know they started work on this 12-13 years ago. It'll be interesting to see if they borrowed anything from the V3.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markinswpa said:

The way I see it SMF is 6 year old technology and most agree  that its peaked.

SMF is either 23 or 33 years old, depending on your definition of SMF. And I would not be so sure it's peaked.

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

35 minutes ago, Geotech said:

SMF is either 23 or 33 years old, depending on your definition of SMF. And I would not be so sure it's peaked.

It hasn't peaked yet from what I am seeing from the Manticore and Deus 2 compared to late 1990s and since the Equinox in 2018. Most of the people saying it's peaked haven't been able to use this newer tech.

• Like 2

Would have been nice if Minelab had continued with and upgraded the Sovereign.

Looking forward to seeing what Garrett comes up with.

• Like 1

Signal processing, including utilizing AI is still advancing. That is going to be the key aspect going forward.

Watched the video again to catch some more details. Carbon fiber mid and lower shafts. The coil cable is inside the shafts. IP69 waterproof. 2.65 pounds. More flexible multi frequency choices as in the user has more autonomy over which frequencies are being used simultaneously......I think he was saying that. The wildest part for me is I think he said ground penetrating radar twice with some kind of multi colored graph like a Whites V3i with a different color for each metal. He specifically mentioned iron, gold, copper and silver would each have a different colored graph line........and then he said he didn't see how that would work in Russia since all of the jewelry there is heavily alloyed!!!......GPS satellite capable with SIM card.

$1200 version has a coil, wired headphones, wireless headphones (I think he said Koss) and a pinpointer (probably pairs wirelessly). The $870 version is just the detector and coil with no extras.

April 5th launch and April 17th goes on sale.

Don't shoot me, this is what the video maker said with some room for mistakes by the auto translator and my bad Russian language skills. Basically I can grunt and moan in Russian!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I skimmed through the video, and it looks like I might have gotten it close to right, when I predicted it would have user adjustable SMF weighting from 1 to 100 KHz.  Although I kind of question if such a feature would have much tangible benefit, considering current SMF detectors have different weighted SMF modes that seem to suffice.

It also looks like it might show a target response graph for particular frequencies. Is that not what the V3i did? If so, could that be helpful in discerning aluminum from gold? I'm guessing not though, because if such a feature could help accomplish that, then it would still be in use today.

If the video is even half correct it sounds like a great detector to me.  People doubted Nokta could make a detector to even come close to the Equinox, well they made an Equinox.  Garrett have just as much potential to bring something good to market and they didn't buy out Whites for nothing.   Really excited to see what they've done.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Watched the video again to catch some more details. Carbon fiber mid and lower shafts. The coil cable is inside the shafts. IP69 waterproof. 2.65 pounds. More flexible multi frequency choices as in the user has more autonomy over which frequencies are being used simultaneously......I think he was saying that. The wildest part for me is I think he said ground penetrating radar twice with some kind of multi colored graph like a Whites V3i with a different color for each metal. He specifically mentioned iron, gold, copper and silver would each have a different colored graph line........and then he said he didn't see how that would work in Russia since all of the jewelry there is heavily alloyed!!!......GPS satellite capable with SIM card.

$1200 version has a coil, wired headphones, wireless headphones (I think he said Koss) and a pinpointer (probably pairs wirelessly). The $870 version is just the detector and coil with no extras.

April 5th launch and April 17th goes on sale.

Don't shoot me, this is what the video maker said with some room for mistakes by the auto translator and my bad Russian language skills. Basically I can grunt and moan in Russian!

That is exactly how i read it i wonder if when he talks about gpr if he means some sort of imaging sizing sort of thing

• Like 2