Looks Like Garrett Is Coming Out With A New Detector(s)

Eleanor and Charles Garrett establish their business April 1, 1964.
Looks as if like we are approaching Garrett’s 60th anniversary. Maybe this is the event we have been waiting for:
image.thumb.jpeg.02afc9e61b43a3b8c187f112e775868d.jpeg
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I certainly hope so! I've been waiting (on a Garrett I wanted; hopefully waterproof) since the AT Pro! And my 60th "Anniversary" is 18 days after theirs!🎂 Maybe a selfsent gift?😆👍👍

• Like 3

It will be their SMF AT replacement for sure, likely an entire lineup replacing the AT Pro, Gold and Max.  It's pretty exciting to see what they have done, plenty doubted they'd do much in the gold arena, now they've got the 24k which is awesome, and the Axiom which really is right up there with the best of the best in the class.    I still think the Pro Pointer AT is about as good as pin pointers get and I'm a bit of a pin pointer addict.    I'm really excited to see what they've achieved with their SMF.

• Like 6

Yeah they really need a smf detector with a good coil selection to compete with the nox and legend.

• Like 1

There is a Treasure Show in Llano Texas this month on the 23 rd and 24 th . It’s something said about a coin hunt and showing panning for gold. 
 I guess what I’m saying is just maybe Garrett will be there with this new detector. I plan on being there and post pictures after it’s over. On other Treasure Shows Garrett has always had a strong presence at them and maybe here as well.

Chuck 

• Like 1

How far is Llano for you Chuck?   I pass thru there a couple of times a year on the way to Mason to hunt for the last 20+ years. There is another member here who lives out that way. @Dan(NM)?

JCR 

It shows it’s 107.7 miles from San Antonio and your right Dan lives somewhere around there. 
 You may have done it already a search on the show to see what’s said about it.

At one time I was going up there doing a little panning but never found anything to write home about.

Years back it was a gold mine northeast of Llano called the Heath gold mine. If you can look at the history of Llano you can see it .All they show it two horses pulling a dump bucket I’ve used myself cleaning out water tanks but with a tractor. It never says anything about the gold taken out of it.

It’s a mineral belt that runs over the north side of Llano and off hwyway 71 a historical marker talks about the Spanish silver mine. The marker is south of Llano.
Lots of treasure talk all around Llano.

Chuck 

• Like 2