Garrett Storm?

4 hours ago, JCR said:

Then why did they purchase the company & rights to it's product R & D?

The big question is how much did they pay.  Depending on cost, it may have been worth it just to get the 24k onboard.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, HardPack said:

I’m suspecting a waterproof, rechargeable, wireless headphone, collapsible carbon fiber shaft upgraded version of the GoldMaster 24k. Or at least I’m holding off until the storm fills the sails. 

I love the 24k, but I personally wouldn't put money into development of a waterproof wireless version, single frequency VLF's are not the future, they'd be better off doing the AT Pro replacement SMF as it will be the waterproof prospecting machine anyway.  If it's a waterproof 24k, the early marketing and excitement will fall pretty flat upon release.

On 4/4/2024 at 7:36 PM, DSMITH said:

Hey George you probably have enough detectors setting in a spare bedroom in your house that if you were to sell them your bank account would be full LOL

Not a bedroom. The whole house.😇

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The last thing I expect is anything related to any prior White's product.

I agree with Steve.  This will, I believe, be an all Garrett detector.  While I respect the opinions of those who are wishing for a Garrett V3I I think the chances are nil.  All of the code would would have to be rewritten and the hardware must be totally obsolete. Way too expensive in my view.   I also cannot fathom that Garrett would bring out yet another gold machine at this time.  My bet is that it will be a flagship multi-frequency of some sort.  

We will all know in a few weeks I imagine.  Garrett loves teasers and you can bet they have been shooting videos leading up to the introduction.  

Bill

People where is it said you have got to do anything with them. It’s just a pleasure of having something that maybe no one else has.

I’m hoping after this storm is over I do hope all is pleased with what we got out the door of Garrett and not be just gas on our stomachs .

Chuck 

On 4/14/2024 at 5:58 PM, D&P-OR said:

What do you do with 'em??? 🙂

After I take my Ambient, sleep medicine, I may wake up, go out on my porch, grab a detector, and recite the Gettysburg address in my boxers at three in the morning.😴

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

After I take my Ambient,sleep medicine, I make wake up, go out on my porch,grab a detector, and recite the Gettsburg address in my boxers at three in the morning.😴

Sounds like a plan to me George! ha ha

With the price that the manticore has right now, I think they are going to lose a large number of potential buyers.  If he had been taken out on Garrett's anniversary as most of us believed, the wound would have been tighter.