Woody Apparently Confirms That The 6000 Has No Active Shield

For a detector with "no active shield" it sure handles EMI far better than previous GPX models.  It would be good if the mods do improve things, I think it's a bit questionable if they really will do much at all though and I've no interest in paying to get them done as I'm fine with how it is already. 

If there is a new detector coming this year that's another game changer, I'm sure it's not from Minelab, have to wait and see on that one I suppose.

• Like 5

One of those boards has an SMA connector, its usually microwave or similar stuff like cellphones. GPR (ground penetrating radar) is often in that same frequency range too interestingly. Could just be communication with remote peripherals too though I guess like multiple coils, receivers, whatever. Just utter guesses, nothing more. 

He seems to indicate this new detector is his, or related to some company he works with? 

1 hour ago, jasong said:

He seems to indicate this new detector is his, or related to some company he works with? 

There was a whole video on the new patents he has got for the huge 6m coil that was discussed on this forum. I suspect he is referring to that. Hope it is something different.

2 hours ago, Redz said:

There was a whole video on the new patents he has got for the huge 6m coil that was discussed on this forum. I suspect he is referring to that. Hope it is something different.

One of the boards he showed was related to the ground loop detector field amplifier, but the other one he's more excited about is the variable timing/gain PI unit that he's been working on for years. I think He has finally gotten some engineers to come on board with him to realize the dream. 'Later this year" I think was the inference....  Its the no-brainer concept PI that should have replaced the GPZ7000 if Minelab had hurried up. See who comes out with their 'super detector' first...

7 hours ago, Redz said:

Yea I hope it's something different too. He's been saying to hang onto all your old coils for quite awhile now, hinting that they will come into play again. 

When the E1500 was released I thought he must have been suggesting keeping them to use on it.

But now I think they might be for his new beaut detector. 

Yea, he had nothing to do with the E1500, and was just as surprised as the rest of us when it hit the market.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yea, he had nothing to do with the E1500, and was just as surprised as the rest of us when it hit the market.

He somehow knew about 'ex minelab engineers' making something new but didn't have any idea as to when. He was hinting at it for months... actually maybe early last year even. Have to run thru his myriad of videos to find it again lol

On 3/3/2024 at 3:24 AM, Nedkelly said:

I just finished watching Woody's latest video, very interesting indeed. He's saying there is a new detector coming out this year that will be far better than anything available at the moment.

Yes it mentioned that in a earlier video, the one where he is sitting in his car looking at the E1500 on his phone.  A lot of people missed the part where he was talking about a new detector coming out besides the E1500.   He also mentioned on his forum a while back that he was making a detector, whether or not this is what he is talking about time will tell.