Latest Deus 1 Improvements?

In the Goldfield program, you do not need a silencer,, because this program uses discrimination of the IAR type,,, and when this program is intended for searching for gold, you do not need other types of discrimination..

ORX vs Deus1 ... according to the experience of my colleague, ORX in the gold program can handle mineralized terrain a little better than Deus1 in the Goldfield program...
Let's not forget that the ORX electronics are somewhat newer and have been optimized for *Hf white coils... so that may have its reasons...

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 10:25 AM, phrunt said:

I think with any of the high frequency VLF's they're so close it's more a choice of which you prefer for whatever reason, thinking one is going to be significantly better than others is asking far too much, so buying another one when you already have one isn't necessary or beneficial.

With the Algoforce PI now on the market for similar pricing to the high-end VLF's, once that hits the US market it might be a better choice for these hotter soils you're talking about than buying another VLF.

PH:  If I know the size distribution of the gold in the area I'm working then choosing a detector to hunt with is much easier.

If I'm in a new area and completely lost as to what might be there... I just have to start taking random shots in the dark. (looking for smaller gold shallow and larger pieces of gold deeper).  Looking for indicator minerals, panning, sampling and using published research information, maps, lay of the land, ect and my favorite... talking to people who know the area and know where to start.

The promise of simultaneous multi-frequency vlf detectors to hit small gold shallow and hit larger gold deeper all on the same pass has my attention.  Because time is money and the person who covers the most ground with the best metal detectors has the best chance for success. ( Not withstanding a newbie who has beginners luck squarely on his or her side).

Any metal detector that has a modern ARM Cortex microcontroler in it... has my deep interest.  Any detector can send a sine wave frequency or a pulse to a coil and induce a magnetic field.  It's the ability of the Rx coil and the frequency analizer in the microcontroller to disect and interpret the returning signals from the metal objects (using high performance mathematics)... that's the revolution we are all buying into.

... and the best part is... we haven't even seen our first smart detector yet that learns from the targets it finds how to interpret what the next target might be.  

As a detectorist... all I care about is funding my additiction to finding silver and gold and being able to search for all other precious metals just so I can keep buying more stuff.

Right now I'm hoping the evolution and elite coils take pulse induction to the next level (for picking up smaller pieces of gold shallow and still being able to hit some larger pieces deep without halving to switch to a larger coil).  Starting with the 8X12 then adding the 9X14.... and when a smaller Sadie size Evolution coil comes out snab it up also.  

22 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

In the Goldfield program, you do not need a silencer,, because this program uses discrimination of the IAR type,,, and when this program is intended for searching for gold, you do not need other types of discrimination..

ORX vs Deus1 ... according to the experience of my colleague, ORX in the gold program can handle mineralized terrain a little better than Deus1 in the Goldfield program...
Let's not forget that the ORX electronics are somewhat newer and have been optimized for *Hf white coils... so that may have its reasons...

Ok great!  That's it... that is what I was looking for!

The upgrades for the Deus 1 (for shallow gold prospecting) are in the ORX and a gold focused detectorest will not benefit from spending (more money purchasing and coiling up the D1).