On 3/12/2024 at 10:02 PM, F350Platinum said:

I thought of that, usually the seals are split or have wire through them? This one is almost as big as a penny 🤔

Nice hunt, you dug some holes. I have found bail seals bigger than quarters, looks proper for a seal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your finds are too good to imagine!

WTG

I enjoy the read when I get a chance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Oh , and the trigger guard looks like a duck. 

Thanks RVP,

I saw that immediately when I looked back at the photo. 😀 Kinda similar to the Ducks Unlimited stickers I see on lots of vehicles here. 🤔 The sun coming in under it looks like an eye...

In another lifetime I was a photographer, the camera on my Z-Flip 4 isn't as good as the ones on my previous cell, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Too much of a pain to bring one of my cameras, it's a PITA to transfer photos from them anyway, the files are too big.

It's enough work to keep the dirt out of the hinge on this phone. I bought the "Z" so I can keep a PD battery on the phone to keep it charged for tracking.

While wheats are kinda commonplace, anything 1924 and older is 100 years old, I'd be happy with one. 🙂 Heck the last one made is a year older than me! 😅

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 10:13 PM, JCR said:

Maybe a token?

A friend of mine thinks it may have been used as a backgammon piece. 👍

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:06 AM, Valens Legacy said:

Many great finds again with some interesting items.

Good luck on your next hunt, and we all know that you don't need any, and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL,

It certainly is an odd assortment, despite finding stuff in two places far apart, it all appears to be from the same era.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Good job once again!  🫡😊

Thanks Colonel,

I'm glad to have found a hotspot near the end of the relic season, no matter how small. It was a hunch that played out much better than I expected. 🙂

3 hours ago, NJ Art said:

Nice hunt, you dug some holes. I have found bail seals bigger than quarters, looks proper for a seal.

Thanks NJ,

Despite this area being farmed for almost 400 years now, I don't find many seals, and they are much smaller. I've been over the house site rather well, but what I missed was due to inexperience and yearly turnover. 😅

This area contributed food and people to the Civil war, but no battles were fought here other than in 1812, and that was a very short skirmish. I've found the Union army minié ball, and a dropped Gardner that I gave to the landowner along with what I think was a very rare local militia button. The 3 ringer doesn't appear to have been fired either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Your finds are too good to imagine!

WTG

I enjoy the read when I get a chance.

Thanks mn,

I like to write, so I appreciate the nod now and again. 😅 These milder winters allow me to get out there, and I hope some vicarious pleasure can be had by those snowed or frozen in, or that just need the inspiration to get out there. 🙂

I probably have about 2000 acres of hunting permission now, but most of the prize spots are pretty well cleaned out. I can hope for new stuff to be turned up but it will be less than before. 😢 For the most part replenishment is just trash.

• Like 1

Looks like you found a jackpot!  Were you using Tekkna and the 9” for that haul?

The lead piece could be a farm or field token? Earlier posters mentioned bag seals. There were types which had discs like this on either end connected by a band which would be bent in half.  The band could’ve broken off your piece. But I thought bag seals generally contained information on the contents.  Unless there is more detail hidden under the surface corrosion, this one appears to be fairly simple - which leads back to the token notion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Geologyhound said:

Looks like you found a jackpot!  Were you using Tekkna and the 9” for that haul?

The lead piece could be a farm or field token? Earlier posters mentioned bag seals. There were types which had discs like this on either end connected by a band which would be bent in half.  The band could’ve broken off your piece. But I thought bag seals generally contained information on the contents.  Unless there is more detail hidden under the surface corrosion, this one appears to be fairly simple - which leads back to the token notion.

I went to the area using the 13" and Relic mostly, when I couldn't find any more with the 13" I went to my cart and got the 9" WS6 Master, which also has Tekkna and my Relic program. Got the ball button and the other small object that looks like a button but may have been a bell. I switched between the programs which is harder to do on the WS6, as it only stores your saved program next to the original.

While the WS6 Master is for all intents a whole Deus 2, using it is not as easy for me.

I looked at the lead object again and it's definitely a seal, I found a sharper spot on the side where a piece of wire passes through it.

20240314_075452.thumb.jpg.e1de2289fb5942a65cbadc8e1032e03a.jpg

• Like 7