Wow, some nice finds. Great button. 🥰 2 Flying Eagles shows you when that site was active. Being only produced a couple of years, they do not turn up very often.  Watch out for that Z phone. I have the Z 3 and the screen already cuts out when I open it. Just under 2 years old, so it's getting replaced next week. No more flip phones for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Wow, some nice finds. Great button. 🥰 2 Flying Eagles shows you when that site was active. Being only produced a couple of years, they do not turn up very often.  Watch out for that Z phone. I have the Z 3 and the screen already cuts out when I open it. Just under 2 years old, so it's getting replaced next week. No more flip phones for me.

Thanks! 🙂

I've hit a bunch of firsts this year so far, I'm really enjoying it. Looked at the nickels again this morning and one is clearly an 1857.

That button is pretty unique, might have been a visitor or maybe a hired immigrant to harvest whatever crop was planted at the time, and that was the only coat the person had. Doesn't make much sense for it to be here otherwise, nor the 3 ring Yankee bullet. 🤔

Kinda like finding a potato masher on the beach? 🤣 Maybe we're all entering a dimension...

images(26).jpeg.9fc42e4fd964a51daa88fbdaab1c34dc.jpeg

I guess when I go to Myrtle Beach in April, I should expect to find an egg beater or something 🤔

So far the Z-Flip is working ok for me, it fits nicely in my pocket or a pouch with a backup battery connected. I've had it a year and the only thing I have had to do is remove the screen protector as it cracked in the middle. Honestly it's better without it. 😬

I'm very worried about it getting dirt in the hinge and clean it often, I have a great case for it made by CaseBorne, a company that makes Milspec cases.

Also have a "no fault" replacement policy on it 😁

• Like 3

On 3/12/2024 at 9:17 PM, F350Platinum said:

The area was only about 50x50 feet, maybe less. There was evidence of cooking pits there and chunks of sandstone indicating a much older structure. Each pit had large iron in the bottom, I assume a kettle long rusted away, and lots of oyster shells.

Any chance there was a CW encampment here?  Fire pits (plural), Flying Eagle Cents (late 1850's), etc.  Keep researching that button.  Someone, somewhere would like to own that, with its historical meaning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Any chance there was a CW encampment here?  Fire pits (plural), Flying Eagle Cents (late 1850's), etc.  Keep researching that button.  Someone, somewhere would like to own that, with its historical meaning.

I've had a feeling that this was a "muster" site since the first time I hunted it, I dug a dropped Gardner bullet and a very crude button with military marks on it, which I gave to the owner. It was his great/grandfather's house. I'll have to ask him. That button was probably more rare. Couldn't find it either.

The spot I found the coins and buttons and pits on is on a prominent rise, it would have been a great place for tents. The items were all on the back slope of it trailing down to the woods. 🤔

Looks like I'll be going back there 🤣

• Like 3