I have both machines. There's a fair amount out there about how good the all metal mode on the T2 is. I'm surprised that there doesn't appear to be as much about the all metal mode on the F75. Since both machines are built off the same platform, you'd think all metal would be similar on both.

My question is: Has anyone tried all metal mode on both the T2 and the F75? If so, did you feel that it was deeper/more stable/somehow better on one than the other?

Obviously, I'm assuming all else is equal on both machines (for instance, both either have Boost or DST or don't). 

I can't recall why, but I do recall in an interview with Dave Johnson that made them he said the T2 was better for gold nuggets than the F75, both run the same frequency so not sure the reasoning, I honestly can't remember, if it's all metal was better or there was some other reason.  It's been so long since I read it. 

My wife has the f75. That thing amazes me sometimes how small and deep some targets are. 

I cannot comment on the F75 but 'boy oh boy'  do i love using my old T2 in AM mode,had this detector since they arrived on these shores back in 2006/7 and with the NEL Sharpshooter coil on is a deadly combination,due to a very good deal in the last  months i got another T2+ with boost mode and that also has a Sharpshooter coil.

My all time favourite detector and found me more gold hammered and milled coinage than all my other detectors put together.

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I can't recall why, but I do recall in an interview with Dave Johnson that made them he said the T2 was better for gold nuggets than the F75, both run the same frequency so not sure the reasoning, I honestly can't remember, if it's all metal was better or there was some other reason.  It's been so long since I read it. 

This is what I keep running into: Spec-wise, the AM mode looks the same on both. 

There's also an old Aquachigger video that shows how to set up the T2 in all metal mode to hunt for Civil War relics in bad ground. In it, he shows an F75 and says that you can use the same settings in AM on that machine. 

4 hours ago, RickUK said:

I cannot comment on the F75 but 'boy oh boy'  do i love using my old T2 in AM mode,had this detector since they arrived on these shores back in 2006/7 and with the NEL Sharpshooter coil on is a deadly combination,due to a very good deal in the last  months i got another T2+ with boost mode and that also has a Sharpshooter coil.

My all time favourite detector and found me more gold hammered and milled coinage than all my other detectors put together.

I bought a similarly sized Mars coil for my T2 and have been surprised by the depth that thing gets in AM. Civil War bullets at 8" no problem! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 8:51 PM, phrunt said:

T2 has expanded ferrous range compared to F75, and since gold readings meld seamlessly into ferrous readings more finesse there is better for nugget hunting.

There is no particular difference in the AM mode between the two models, but the F75 Ltd does offer a static all metal mode the T2 lacks.

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

the F75 Ltd does offer a static all metal mode the T2 lacks.

I'm also curious about this. I've assumed in the past that it was mostly good for finding caches/large things? But maybe it's useful for coins/relics as well? 

Just now, abcoin said:

I'm also curious about this. I've assumed in the past that it was mostly good for finding caches/large things? But maybe it's useful for coins/relics as well? 

No you had it right the first time. Large deep stuff.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

...The F75 Ltd does offer a static all metal mode the T2 lacks.

Just a small addition: I think all the F75 models have static all metal.  I do find their nomenclature confusing:  'Limited', 'Ltd', 'Special Edition', 'SE', etc.

Here's the manual for the regular (gold shaft) model after Digital Shielding Technology (DST) was added, but in addition I have a pre-DST manual for the gold model and it also shows static all metal:

Screenshotat2024-04-0414-31-04.thumb.png.4aec60bdd2567c8e5500bbdfb7b9997b.png

Screenshotat2024-04-0414-31-28.png.651c44017c0f8da0dc471418525a71a4.png