Algoforce New Patent Applications

Algoforce have lodged some new patent applications in Australia last week. Its looks possible that they may not be a one hit wonder and that they are serious about developing new products - time will tell.

Ambient Sound Control - would this be like a noise cancelling function ?

Time Domain Metal Detector - guessing instead of applying algorithms or filters to frequencies it will be applied to a specific unit of time. Would be great to have some opinions on how this would help a metal detector (VLF or PI) find more targets.

Algoforce.thumb.png.a6812e41bbb63832b88e20ba319387ea.png

42 minutes ago, VicR said:

Algoforce have lodged some new patent applications in Australia last week. Its looks possible that they may not be a one hit wonder and that they are serious about developing new products - time will tell.

Ambient Sound Control - would this be like a noise cancelling function ?

Time Domain Metal Detector - guessing instead of applying algorithms or filters to frequencies it will be applied to a specific unit of time. Would be great to have some opinions on how this would help a metal detector (VLF or PI) find more targets.

Algoforce.thumb.png.a6812e41bbb63832b88e20ba319387ea.png

Both patents pending are in use on the E1500. They are not new applications, the actual filing was a year ago. The first is for the outside sound being passed through the headphones so you can hear what going on around you. The second is what makes the E1500 good on small gold. And yes, they are serious and not a one hit wonder.

E1500 User Manual page 3:

“The AlgoForce E1500 is a pulse induction metal detector that excels at locating small gold nuggets in often complex mineralised soils found in most goldfields, all at a remarkably reasonable cost. Developed by AlgoForce Pty Ltd, it harnesses patented Ultra-Fine pulse induction technology, which is capable of detecting even the tiniest of gold nuggets.”

“With its patented built-in microphone for ambient sound awareness”

https://patents.google.com/patent/AU2023900934A0/en?q=(Algoforce)&oq=Algoforce

https://patents.google.com/patent/AU2023900847A0/en?q=(Algoforce)&oq=Algoforce

Thanks Steve - so the two i have quoted  have new application numbers - so have Algoforce just reapplied for similiar patents with some fine tuning of the application maybe to increase their chances of the application succeeding?

2 hours ago, VicR said:

Thanks Steve - so the two i have quoted  have new application numbers - so have Algoforce just reapplied for similar patents with some fine tuning of the application maybe to increase their chances of the application succeeding?

I don't know much about the intricacies of filing patents.

Patents are not my expertise as well but i went into the two new patent applications and the patent applications from last year are referenced in the new applications as " Associated Provisional Patent Applications" so somehow they are tied together or linked - maybe they reference the old application to keep the effective date from last year.

They're certainly not going to be one hit wonders, they entered the market with the Algoforce, I really can't wait to see what's next but they're already getting into gear and thinking about the next model.  Until they catch up with demand, I can't imagine they'll get much done with a new model though, and I expect it will be a year or two away yet at least.  

"Time Domain" in reference to a metal detector simply means 'Pulse Induction'. PI detectors are Time domain , IB (VLF) detectors are frequency domain.

Yea, they came up with a new method of detecting fast time constraint targets, which they mean small or specimen type gold, so it must do it very different to the GPX 6000.  I would assume the method the GPX 6000 is using is all patented up so they had to come up with something different.

Thanks, I'd never seen that before, and it talks about the Fine Gold/Enhanced timing being used on the SDC, a bit of a giveaway why it's not been overly good in milder soils.  

By the sound of it, the SDC could have quite easily been combined with a GPX 5000 to become another model detector......