$2300 Gold- Time To Break Out The Vlf's With Little Coils

It's time to dust off the Fisher Gold Bug-2 with 6" coil.

Spot price gold today broke $2300 US.

Screenshot_20240403_115302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81a179c4e077f2c936cc5d0f73f1902b.jpg

Things are getting a little scary for that to happen, in my opinion. 

But back to Au and those lovely light weight, cost efficient, tiny bits of gold getting detectors. My personal favorite is the 25 yr old Gold Bug-2. 

Why we have not seen any improvement of that detector in so long is just silly. But at least it's still out there. Sure, today's masses of new Swingers don't know it's capabilities and or fine tuning features.  They're swinging the popular GM-1000, Equinox 800/900 and 24K. 

Some of the smaller brands are also quite effective as well, especially with small sniper coils.

If these Au prices hang around, you folks might start seeing me sharing Gold Bug-2 Success, one little itty-bitty bit at a time. 

I used my gold bug 2 yesterday to check some lower grade quartz specimens out. It’s the next best thing to the gold falcon 20 in checking for small fly specks.

Fisher has finally lowered the price on these gold bug 2 detectors to less than $500 with both 6 & 10” coils offered on their eBay site when using the best offer option. Even cheaper than the dealers get them for. 😳

Here is a semi recreated photo I sent to Gerry just after getting a GB2 from him and going through his class a few..well a lot of years ago. Still use it.KIMG0705.thumb.JPG.0c0d5287215bd37a7aaeca7d921a3ffe.JPG

• The title was changed to $2300 Gold- Time To Break Out The Vlf's With Little Coils

I put off my trip back to AZ this past winter in exchange for a couple of opportunities in the Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament world on Lake Murray in SC. Most that know me know I have three conflicting addictions. Kayak bass fishing tourneys, whitetail deer hunting in NH/Maine and gold nugget metal detecting. It's looking like this fall may be a return to the AZ desert for a month if hunting dates work out well for me. I guess we will just have to wait until August to see if the price of gold holds or increases. Spring and Summer is definitely kayak bass season season for me.

6 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

It's time to dust off the Fisher Gold Bug-2 with 6" coil.

The only noise that has ever been worse than my tinnitus is that God awful screechy threshold sound of the GB2 😃 But the detector is unmatched in mild soil and shallow gold.

GC    

19 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

I used my gold bug 2 yesterday to check some lower grade quartz specimens out. It’s the next best thing to the gold falcon 20 in checking for small fly specks.

Fisher has finally lowered the price on these gold bug 2 detectors to less than $500 with both 6 & 10” coils offered on their eBay site when using the best offer option. Even cheaper than the dealers get them for. 😳

Crap, makes me think of springing for one. One of my all time favorite detectors over the years. Almost sounds like Fisher is liquidating all the older models - hope something new is coming to replace them and it's not a getting out of the detector business sale. Has a cash flow desperation feel to it.

Steve with 4.95 ounce nugget found with GB2 14”

2001-steve-herschbach-ganes-creek-alaska-5-ounce-gold-nugget.jpg

with 14 dwt nugget

2001-steve-herschbach-ganes-creek-alaska-2001-fisher-gold-bug-2-14-dwt-gold-nugget.jpg

Another nugget

2002-gold-bug-2-gold-nugget-ganes-creek-alaska.jpg

with "Bulldog Nugget"

2002-steve-herschbach-ganes-creek-alaska-bulldog-nugget.jpg

with 3 ounce specimen

2002-steve-herschbach-3-ounce-nugget-ganes-creek-alaska.jpg

8 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

Can someone point me to the Fisher eBay site? Finding a lot of other vendors but not as above - thx.

16 minutes ago, rexhavoc said:

Can someone point me to the Fisher eBay site? Finding a lot of other vendors but not as above - thx.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=firsttexasproducts&store_name=firsttexasproducts&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l49496

Here you go! They have been really good at accepting lower offers. 😁