Fisher Butterfly Coil - Has Anyone Actually Used One?

With renewed interest in the Fisher range with their firesale, has anyone actually used their "newish" butterfly coil? 

It does look alright, looks very light.

ButterflycoilFR.gif.01ccb404f068c7aaff5dd55d79459f49.gif

It's hidiously expensive to buy for us in NZ, $323 USD plus shipping from USA which will add another 800 or so USD to that price 😛  Although, I think I could encourage someone to ship me one at normal pricing if necessary.

Here is a link to it on their site.

I'm thinking it's time to move up from the GBP to the F19 to take advantage of the great range of Nel coils and the Detech Ultimate 13" I've got for the Bug, but this one is interesting as I do like the GBP's high target ID accuracy on coins in our soils here and it is so easy for my daughter to use, she doesn't mind it at all, light and easy to use and locks onto our $1 and $2 coins very well.

One of our UK dealers mentioned about these coils specifically for the T2 which is of course similar to the F75,he mentioned that they are good but being a dealer he did not expand enthusiastically about them,i wont be getting one as i personally think they look just like the older SEF coils that i have all ready,must admit the SEF coils are very good on my T2 so cannot see a reason to duplicate them in my coil arsenal.

Nel coils are my main brand for the T2 and really highly rate them,the worse coil that came out for the T2/F75 was that massive 15'' boat anchor job that they produced,i do own one brand new but never used it as it weighs a ton,my SEF 15x12 is much much lighter.

The 15 X 12 SEF was killer on my T2. Added inches more depth over the stock coil. Light and well-balanced too.

3 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

The 15 X 12 SEF was killer on my T2. Added inches more depth over the stock coil. Light and well-balanced too.

Must admit i also found that to be the case with my 15x12 SEF coil,pretty good on small hammered coins which most coils are not.

I have little practical time with this coil but I did take a prototype to the coast to try it in the surf. I found that it slices through water better than any other coil I've ever tried. Unfortunate that there is no MF detector to bolt it to.

If anybody wants to try one for an F75, hit me up.  I ordered one for the T2 on Amazon and didn't pay attention until much later.  I realized they had sent one for the F75. I don't have the F75 and missed the window to return it.